88 Ways to Know If You're Chinese 中文翻译
1. You look like you are 18.
你看上去象18岁
2. You like to eat chicken feet.
你喜欢啃鸡脚
3. You suck on fish heads and fish fins.
你喜欢允吸鱼头和鱼鳍
4. You have a Chinese knick-knack hanging on your rear view mirror.
你会挂中国式的小饰物在后视镜上
5. You sing karaoke.
你喜欢唱K
6. Your house is covered with tile.
你的房子是用瓦片砌的
7. Your kitchen is covered by a sticky film of grease.
你的厨房有曾厚厚的油污
8. Your stove is covered with aluminum foil.
你的炉有一层铝箔
9. You leave the plastic covers on your remote control.
你的遥控器裹着一层塑料膜
10. You've never kissed your mom or dad.
你决不会亲吻你的妈妈或爸爸
11. You've never hugged your mom or dad.
你决不拥抱你妈妈或爸爸
12. Your unassisted vision is worse than 20/500.
你的视力比20岁糟糕多了
13. You wear contacts, to avoid wearing your "coke bottle glasses".
你会佩带隐性眼睛来避免带着瓶子底厚的眼镜
14. You've worn glasses since you were in fifth grade.
你五年级开始戴眼镜
15. Your hair sticks up when you wake up.
当你起床的时候,你的头发都竖起来
16. You'll haggle over something that is not negotiable.
你往往会对那么不讲价的东西讨价还价
17. You love to use coupons.
你喜欢用优惠券
18. You drive around looking for the cheapest petrol.
你会开车周围寻找便宜的汽油
19. You drive around for hours looking for the best parking space.
你会开好几个小时的车去寻找最好的停车位
20. You take showers at night.
晚上你会淋浴
21. You avoid the non-free snacks in hotel rooms.
你会避免旅馆餐厅里那些非免费小吃
22. You don't mind squeezing 20 people into one motel room.
你不会介意和20个人一起挤汽车
23. Most girls have more body hair than you, if you are male.
如果你是男孩,大多数的女孩比你多体毛
24. You tap the table when someone pours tea for you.
当别人给你斟茶你会扣扣桌面
25. You say "Aiya!" and "Wah!" frequently.
你经常会大叫哎呀,哇吓
26. You don't want to wear your seatbelt because it is uncomfortable.
你不喜欢带安全带,因为不舒服
27. You love Las Vegas, slot machines, and blackjack.
你喜欢拉斯为加斯,老虎机和二十一点
28. You unwrap Christmas gifts very carefully, so you can reuse the paper.
你会小心打开包裹圣诞礼物的包装纸,那样你就可以重新再用了
29. You only buy Christmas cards after Christmas, when they are 50% off.
你只会在圣诞节之后降价一半才买圣诞卡,
30. You have a vinyl tablecloth on your kitchen table.
你厨房的饭桌有块塑胶布
31. You spit bones and other food scraps on the table. That's why you need the vinyl tablecloth.
你吃饭会把骨头和其他什么残渣乱吐在桌子上,这就是为什么你们需要塑胶布
32. You have stuff in the freezer since the beginning of time.
在一开始你的材料就在冷藏柜里
33. You use the dishwasher as a dish rack.
你只把洗碗机当放碗的柜子
34. You have never used your dishwasher.
你从来没有用过你的洗碗机
35. You keep a Thermos of hot water available at all times.
你每时每刻都有一个装满热水的热水瓶
36. You eat all meals in the kitchen.
你顿顿饭都在厨房吃的
37. You save grocery bags, tin foil, and tin containers.
你会收集用过的食品袋子,锡纸和锡纸罐
38. You have a piano in your living room.
你会把钢琴放在客厅
39. You pick your teeth at the dinner table (but you cover your mouth).
你会在餐桌上剔牙齿,但你会遮住你的嘴巴
40. You twirl your pen around your fingers.
你会用手指转笔
41. You hate to waste food.
你讨厌浪费食物
42. You have Tupperware in your fridge with three bites of rice or one leftover chicken wing.
你会用塑料盒装下三口饭和半只鸡翅膀放进冰箱
43. You don't own any real Tupperware - only a cupboard full of used but carefully rinsed
margarine tubs, takeout containers, and jam jars.
你没有真正属于你的塑料盘子,除了橱柜里放满用过的但经过仔细洗刷的黄油盘,方便盒,和果酱瓶。
44. You also use the jam jars as drinking glasses.
你也会把果酱瓶子用来喝水
45. You have a collection of miniature shampoo bottles that you take every time you stay in a hotel.
每次你住宾馆的时候,你都会收集人家那小小的洗发水
46. You carry a stash of your own food whenever you travel (travel means any car ride longer than 15 minutes). These snacks are always dried and include dried plums, mango, ginger, and squid.
无论你去哪里,都会带上你自己的零食,所谓去哪里就是长于15分钟的车程。这些零食通常是话梅,干芒,咸姜还有鱿鱼丝
47. You wash your rice at least 2-3 times before cooking it.
在你煮饭之前你会把米淘两三次
48. Your dad thinks he can fix everything himself.
你爸爸认为他能够修理任何的东西
49. The dashboard of your Honda is covered by hundreds of small toys.
你的本田车子的挡板玻璃那里,会放着几百只小玩具
50. You don't use measuring cups.
你不会用量杯
51. You beat eggs with chopsticks.
你会有筷子来打鸡蛋
52. You have a teacup with a cover on it.
你会有一只有盖子的茶杯
53. You always look phone numbers up in the phone book, since calling information (*69) costs 50 cents.
在打电话的时候你会花50分来查电话本
54. You only make long distance calls after 11pm.
你只会在11点之后才打长途电话
55. If you are male, you clap at something funny and if you are female, you giggle whilst placing a hand over your mouth.
如果你是男的,遇到有趣的东西你见什么拍打什么,如果你是女的,你会有手遮着嘴巴大笑
56. You like Chinese films in their original undubbed versions.
你喜欢中国电影没有配音效果的时候
57. You love Chinese Martial Arts films.
你喜欢中国的武打片
58. You've learnt some form of martial arts.
你学过一些形式武术
59. Shaolin actually means something to you.
少林对你来确实有着重要意味
60. You like congee with thousand-year-old eggs.
你喜欢粥加放了很就的鸡蛋
61. You prefer your shrimp with the heads and legs still attached.
你更喜欢你的虾子有头有脚的
62. You never call your parents just to say hi.
即便只问句好,你也从不打电话给你父母
63. If you don't live at home, when your parents call, they ask if
you've eaten, even if it's midnight.
如果你不和父母一起住,当你的父母打电话给你,他们都会问你吃饭没,即便那时已经深夜
64. When you're sick, your parents tell you not to eat fried foods or baked goods due to yeet hay.
当你生病了,你父母会告诉你不要吃煎炸食品还有烘烤的东西,因为这些会导致热气(上火)
65. You know what yeet hay is.
你知道什么叫热气(上火)
66. You e-mail your Chinese friends at work, even though you only 10 feet apart.
你会在上班时间给你的朋友发邮件,即使你们只有十步之遥
67. You use a face cloth.
你会穿有公仔头的衣服
68. You starve yourself before going to all you can eat places.
你在去你能够吃所有东西的地方之前,你宁愿饿死你自己
69. You know someone who can get you a good deal on jewelry or electronics.
你知道一些人会送给你珠宝或者电器
70. You save your old Coke bottle glasses even though you're never going to use them again.
即使你知道你决不会再用,但你还是会收集用过的可乐瓶
71. You own your own meat cleaver and sharpen it.
你会拥有你自己的切肉刀,还有自己会磨砺它
72. Your toothpaste tubes are all squeezed paper-thin.
你的牙膏都会挤得纸一样薄
73. You know what moon cakes are.
你知道什么是月饼
74. When there is a sale on toilet paper, you buy 100 rolls and store them in your closet or in the bedroom of an adult child who has moved out.
当厕纸大减价的时候,你会买100卷放在橱柜了或者在你已经般出去住的孩子的房间里
75. Your parents know how to launch nasal projectiles.
你的父母都知道下水后怎样捂住呼吸
76. You iron your own shirts.
你会熨烫你自己的衬衣
77. You play a musical instrument.
你会玩一样乐器
78. Even if you're totally full, if someone says they're going to throw away the leftovers on the table, you'll finish them.
即使你已经很饱,但当某人叫你把桌上剩下的事物都扫清,你会吃完它们
79. You've eaten a red bean popsicle.
你会吃红豆冰棍
80. You bring oranges (or other produce) with you as a gift when you visit people's homes.
当你上门拜访别人,你会带上水果作为礼物
81. You fight over who pays the dinner bill.
你们会争着埋单
82. You majored in something practical like engineering, medicine or law.
你的主修科目是一些实际的科目,例如,工程学,医学或者法学
83. You live with your parents and you are 30 years old (and they prefer it that way). Or if you're married and 30 years old, you live in the apartment next door to your parents, or at least in the same neighborhood.
你三十岁依然会和你父母住,他们也乐意。或即使你结婚了,三十岁了,你也会住在父母旁边的公寓或至少是住在附近
84. You don't tip more than 10% at a restaurant, and if you do, you tip Chinese delivery guys/waiters more.
你决不会付给饭店高于10%的小费,如果你付了,那么你个中国服务员的小费会更多
85. You have acquired a taste for bitter melon.
你喜欢吃苦瓜
86. You eat every last grain of rice in your bowl, but don't eat the last piece of food on the table.
你会把碗里的米饭都吃干净,但你不会把桌上的最后的菜都吃完
87. You know why there are 88 reasons.
你会知道这88条理由是为什么
88. You see the truth in this and then send it to all your Chinese friends.
你会在这里发现真理,还会把这些都告诉你的中国朋友
p.s. the pic is a typical english pub in Derbyshire of U.K.
共2页: 上一页 [1] 2
英国最常用的118个口语
英语国家和城市的雅称