神探夏洛克是一部英国电视连续剧,改编自亚瑟•柯南道尔爵士的夏洛克•福尔摩斯侦探小说。该剧由BBC出品,刚一上映时便受到广大观众的追捧,下面,我们来看看其中各种地道的口语,学习英国人日常生活中是怎么表达的吧!
1.今天早上他们说 她辞职了
This morning they told me she'd resigned.
resign v. 辞职,放弃
I've made a decision to resign.我已决定辞职了。
辞职习惯用语be resigned to
2.为游客做表演 演示茶艺
She does this demonstration for the tourists, a tea ceremony.
demonstration[.demən'streiʃən] n. 示范,表达,实证,示威游行
ceremony['seriməni; 'serə.məuni] n. 仪式,礼节,典礼
3.你只要出庭 说包是你的就行了
all you've got to do is turn up and say the bag was yours.
organized crime syndicate.
4.别管什么出庭了
Forget about your court date.
court n. 法院,庭院,宫廷,球场,奉承
5.一大片涂鸦
A whole load of graffiti.
graffito[grə'fi:təu] 词形变化: graffiti n. 乱画,涂鸦
6.我需要你将你的图像记忆最大化
I need you to maximise your visual memory.
visual memory 视觉记忆/ auditory memory听觉记忆
7.她对茶壶非常着迷 它们急需修复
The pots were her obsession. They need urgent work.
obsession[əb'seʃən] 词形变化: obsessional obsessionally
n. 困扰,沉迷,着魔,妄想
eg. Her commitment to a great causedegenerated from a crusade into an obsession.
她致力于一伟大事业,但其崇高的奋斗精神已变质成为偏执的狂热。
8.你是说你也做走私?
You mean you were a smuggler?
The smuggler is still at large. 那个走私贩仍逍遥法外。
11.无依无靠
I had no livelihood.
livelihood['laivlihud; 'laivli.hud] n. 生计,营生,生活
I like playing in the band, but I don't do it just for fun; it's my livelihood.
我喜欢在乐队里演奏,但这不只是为了好玩,而是我的谋生之道。
12.两个孤儿
Two orphans.
13.一眼就看到了那密码
and the cipher was waiting.
14.拜托有点敬畏之心
Have a bit of respect.
15.呃...他们的档案已经送审了
Well...their paperwork's already gone through.
16.没劲 无聊 毫无新意...
Dull, boring, predictable...
predictable[pri'diktəbl; pri'diktəbəl] adj. 可预知的
I knew you'd say that you're so predictable! 我早就知道你会这样说--果不其然!