WENDEL B. THOMAS
145 Donovan Court
Ridge Pike Apartments
Mobile, AL 18337
November 12, 1997
Mr. Walter Chamberlaine
Environment Affairs Department
International Chemical Company
500 Park Avenue
New York, NY 17229
Dear Mr. Chamberlaine:
I am seeking a position where I can apply my experience as an environmental specialist. As an Environmental Project Manager in the Environmental Affairs Department of the Dow Chemical Company, I have gained experience in many areas of the environmental industry, especially hazardous substance and waste management as well as environmental legislation and compliance requirements.
Specific areas of accomplishment include:
- Company compliance with applicable local, state, and federal environmental regulations nationwide
- Design and implementation of training programs to limit company risk and liability in the hazardous substance management field
- Research and evaluation of cost-effective methods for hazardous substance reduction, recycling and conservation.
I am interested in an industry position in environmental compliance, hazardous substance management, and/or industrial environmental training and education. I am interested in a company that has a strong interest in developing pro-active programs to limit liability and risk in environmental affairs.
My resume is enclosed. Thank you for reviewing my credentials, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Dear Mr Ho
I am writing to Apply for the position of Sales Executive
Please accept this application as an expressed interest in contributing my effort to your company as a sales executive, in response to your advertisement in the JobsPower.com on January 5.
My experience at the XYZ Company for the past several years has afforded me exposure to many facets of sales, including cold calling, telemarketing, and prospecting. During my time with XYZ Company, I had successfully increased my sales volume and profit margin. In addition, I have an educational background in sciences, which I believe will prove to be an asset in selling your products.
I look forward to meeting you regarding sales opportunities with your company. Thank you for your time and consideration.
because of the courage to take risks, and the rich taste of the fruits of success; because the exploration risk, but also experienced the rocks of the
shocks and miserable. however, all my training as a corporate officer must have the maturity and courage!
university life, i realized that the true meaning of life. after three years of unremitting efforts, it is my basic
are all-round development of their own goal, which for my future development laid a solid foundation.
three years of mentoring in the strict lessons and personal efforts, i have a more solid foundation of professional knowledge
knowledge, grasp of the telecommunications system of the theory; to proficiency in computer operating system win98, 2k, xp
and commonly used software photoshop and office series of office software, network security, lan set up, diskless
the formation of workstations. at the same time, after school hours, i covered a lot of extensive books, not only enriched the
themselves, but also cultivate a wide range of skills of their own; more importantly, the rigorous style of study and learning correct
i shaped the attitudes and simple, stable and innovative character.
i understand that in the traditional education system by the students, inevitably with a narrow and practical knowledge to
inadequate shortcomings. fortunately i mentioned earlier, where graduates from the previous understanding of this point and has been
in their efforts to make up for. university a few years i have been training in the overall capability of its own, especially the computer, i
have been working hard to learn, although i have learned this is not professional. note also continue to participate in the
kinds of social practice, for example, engaged in home work, has to some extent to improve the capacity of their own practice
. i would like to have a certain extent, the ability to after work in the future there will be a great career
in their daily work, i am positive and optimistic attitude to life. pursuit of "sanming" (clever, clever,
open-minded), "four" (mature personality, good human nature, cultural depth, sophisticated human) noble realm
to intelligent, benevolent and courageous, refined strictly about wrecks n chair caning fresh shun di yi security abuse have been confusing啻⑾ γ?
progress together. interested in broad participation in various activities such as playing basketball, table tennis, so i became acquainted with the
friends of different characteristics, but also temper the will of its own.
i hope the noble self, but also the hope of improving life. noble self-pleased with the others, a sound person
health and enrich himself. i heard a mature way of thinking, but also eager to maturity season. mature way of thinking can be seen
life, maturity can see the world the season. to mature, i want the opportunity ... ... optional wooden birds and good habitat,
capacity for persons with disabilities friend, a co-operation opportunities, to me is a good start, for you are a prescribed
my past, is the development of your company to prepare, and蕴积; my future, it is for your company
struggle, and struggle, and dedication!
i wish the cause of success!
teachers look forward to an early resumption of thanks!
dear sir or madam,
i am writing to apply for the position of business manager you advertised in yesterday’s china daily.
to briefly introduce myself, i am a graduate student of peking university majoring in business administration, and expect graduation this june. not only have i excellent academic performance in all courses, i also possess the rich experience of assisting management staff of several renowned international companies, such as kpmg and microsoft. my interactive personal skills and teamwork spirit are also appropriate for this post. for further information, please refer to my attached resume.
i would be grateful if you could arrange an interview at your earliest convenience.
In respone to your advertisement in the JobsPower.com of January 15, I wish to apply for the position of (secretary, accountant, clerk, salesman, etc).
I am twenty-five years old and a graduate of - college. My experience in this line of work includes six years as an assistant accountant with the ABC Company. The reason for leaving my present employment is because they are closing their office.
I am enclosing my resume together with my photo, and believe that they may be found satisfactory. With respect to salary, I shall expect HK$5,000 a month. I assure you that if appointed, I will do my best to give your satisfaction.
Very truly yours
In reply to your advertisement in Beijing Youth Daily of December 25, I respectfully offer my services for the situation.贵公司十二月二十五日在《北京青年报》刊登招聘广告， 本人特备此函应征该职位。
I am thirty -two years old and a graduate of Beijing Foreign Studies University, My experience in this line of work includes five years as a salesman with the NCC Company.我今年32岁，毕业于北京外国语大学， 曾在NCC公司担 任推销员历五年之久。
The reason for leaving my present employment is because they're closing their office.由于任职的公司宣布解散，只好去职。
I am enclosing my resume together with my photo, and I believe that they may be found satisfactory.兹随函附履历表及照片一份，希望阁下能够满意。
As regards salary, I would be glad to start with HK$ 5,000 per month plus commission.至于月薪一事，希望能从五千港币起薪，加上佣金。
If you would like to know more about my ability, I can be available for an interview at any time convenient to you. 倘若阁下愿意接见本人以了 解我的能力，我将随时侯教。
1.In reply to your advertisement in todays newspaper,I respectfully offer my services for the situation.拜读今日XX报上贵公司的广告,本人特此备函应征该职位。
2.Replying to your advertisement into- days issue of the(newspaper),I wish to apply for the position in your esteemed firm.拜读贵公司在今日(报纸)上广告,特此备函应征贵公司该职位。
3.With reference to your advertisement in(newspaper)of May 2for a clerk，I offer myself for the post.从五月二日XX报上广告栏得知贵公司招聘一位职员，我愿应招。
4.I wish to apply for the position advertised in the enclosed clipping from the(newspaper)of November 12.谨随函附上十一月十二日XX报贵公司招聘广告，我愿应招此职位。
5.In answer to your advertisement into- days newspaper for a secretary,I wish to tender my services.阁下在今日XX报上刊登招聘秘书广告，本人获悉，特此应招。
6.Learning from XX that you are looking for a sales manager,I should like to apply for the position.从XX处得悉，贵公司正在招聘一名业务经理，我愿应招此职。
7.Your advertisement for a telephone operator in the newspaper of March 8has interested me,I feel I can fill that position.贵公司三月八日在XX报上刊登招聘电话接线员广告，本人拜读后极感兴趣，相信能担任此职。
1.For the past three years,I have been in the office of the XX Trading Co., where I have been an accountant.本人曾经在XX贸易公司服务三年，担任会计工作。
2.I am twenty years of age,and have been employed for the last two years by the XX Co.,in the general clerical work of the office.我今年20岁，曾在XX公司服务两年，担任一般文员工作。
3.I am twenty years of age,and am anxious to settle down to office work.本人20岁，希望能找到一个公司，以便安定下来。
4.Since my graduation from the school two years ago, I have been employed in XX Hotel as a cashier.两年前离校后，在XX酒店担任出纳员。
1.I am able to take dictation in English and translate it rapidly into Chinese.我会英文的口授笔记，同时能立即将其 翻译 成中文。
2.I have received an English education, and have a slight knowledge of Spanish.I took a Spanish course in college.本人接受英文教育，同时略通西班牙文。大学时，我修了西班牙文。
3.I have been at the City Commercial College,where I have acquired a knowledge of English,mathematics and elementary business practice.本人曾在城市商专学英文、数学以及初级商业实务。
4.I have just left school,but have a good knowledge of English.本人虽刚离开校门，但英文很好。
5.At school I won a scholarship and the first prize in a speech contest.求学中，我曾获奖学金及演讲比赛一等奖。
6.I am a graduate of Hong Kong University,and have in addition an M.A.degree from UCLA.本人毕业于香港大学，并在加州大学获得文学硕士学位。
7.Since leaving school,I have attended Typewriting and Shorthand classes,and have now attained a speed of fifty and ninety words respectively.离开学校后，我参加打字与速记班，而今已达到打字50字，速记90字的速度。
1.I should be glad to have a personal in- terview and can furnish references if desired.如获 面试 ，则感幸甚。如需保证人，本人也可提出。
2.I request an interview,and assure you that if appointed,I will do my best to give you satisfaction.恳请惠予 面试 之荣。如蒙录用，本人必竭尽所能，为贵公司服务，以符厚望。
3.If you desire an interview,I shall be most happy to call in person，on any day and at any time you may appoint.如贵公司有意 面试 ，本人一定遵照所指定的时日，前往拜访。
4.Should you think favorably of my application,I would like to have an interview.如对本人之应征优先考虑，恳请惠予面试之机会。
5.I hope that you will be kind enough to consider my application favorably.恳请惠予考虑本人之申请为盼。
6.Should this application meet with your favorable consideration,I will do my utmost to justify the confidence you may repose in me.对此申请，贵公司如惠予考虑，本人将尽最大的忠诚与努力，为贵公司效劳。
7.Should you entertain my application favorably,I would spare no trouble to acquit my- self to your satisfaction.假如应征获得青睐而进入贵公司服务，本人必以排除万难之决心，为贵公司工作，以符厚望。
8.I wish to assure you that,if successful,I would endeavor to give you every satisfaction.如蒙不弃，惠予录用，本人将尽力服务，使诸事满意。
i have been told by mr.john l.pak,credit manager, the business book publishing,new york, with whom i believe you are acquainted,that you are expecting to make some additions to your accounting staff in june.i should like to be considered an applicant for one of these positions.
you can see from the data sheet that is enclosed with this letter that i have had five years of varied experience in the book business.the companies for which i have worked have given me
permission to refer you to them for information about the quality of the work i did while in their employ.
my work was in the credit department and in the accounting
department in both companies,with some experience also in inventory control. in both positions,i have been assigned with the daily office administration.the courses taken at central commercial and the bronx community college specifically prepare me for doing the accounting required in your department.
i hope that you will give me an interview at some time convenient to you.if there is further information that you wish in the
meantime,please let me know.i can always be reached at the address given at the beginning of this letter.
very truly yours
1. I have been for over five years in the employ of an exporting company.
2. I have been in the business for the last ten years, and worked as the superintendent in the personnel department.
3. I have had five years experience with a company as a salesman.
4. For the past three years, I have been in the office of the Brothers Trading Co., where I have been ad still am an accountant.
5. I am twenty years of age, and have been employed for the last two years by the Green Trees Co., in teh general clerical work of the office.
6. I am 25 years of age, and have had two years experience in my present post, which I am leaving to better myself.
7. I am nineteen years of age, female and have had two years experience in a companys delivery office.
8. I am just leaving school, and am eighteen years of age.
9. I am twenty years of age, and am anxious to settle down to office work.
10. Since my graduation from the school two years ago, I ahve been employed in teh Green Hotel as a cashier.
叙述个人的能力 About Personal Ability
1. I am a good accountant and have a thorough knowledge of the English language.
2. For the past five years, I have been engaged as a correspondence clerk.
3. I am able to take dictation in English and trancribe them rapidly into Chinese.
4. For the past three years, I have served as a private secretary to Mr. T. Tang whom you know well, and whose public works have been heralded all over Hong Kong.
5. Being well acquainted with office works, I could make myself generally useful, should there be any opportunity of your requiring my services.
6. I have received an English education, and have a slight knowledge of Spanish. I took a Spanish course in college.
7. I have been at the City Commerical College, where I have acquired a knowledge of English, mathematics and elementary business practice.
8. I have just left school, but have a good knowledge of English.
9. I can write shorthand at the rate of 120 words per minute, and typewriting at 55 words English.
10. I have received a good education, and know English, Spanish and shorthand.
11. I have a fair knowledge of shorthand, and can write ninety words per minute.
12. At school I won a schoarship and the first prize in speech contest.
13. I am a graduate of Hong Kong University, and have in addition the M. A. degree from UCLA.
14. I am just over twenty-four years ofage and have left school about two months ago, during which time I have been striving to make myself proficient in shorthand, and typewriting, and have attained a speed of ninety and sixty words a minute respectively.
15. Since leaving school, I have attended the Typewriting and Shorthand classes, and hve now attained a speed of fifty and ninety words respectvely.
16. I am at present a trainee in the Liner Shipping Company.
17. I am a graduate of Yu Da Commercial School, and hve recently completed the business course at the T. Unviersity of Commerce.
18. My education is as follows: A full, three year commercial course in the U-D High School. From this school I graducated with honour in June, 1975.
19. I have a good knowledge of bookkeeping by double-entry.
20. For all the time I was in their employ, I had the sole charge of their correspondence.
随函附寄物（附件） About Enclosure
1. You will find enclosed an outline of my education and business training and copies of two letters of recommendation.
2. Enclosed please find a resume and a photo.
3. I attach schedule of my qualification and experience.
4. I am enclosing my curriculum vitae together with my photograph.
5. A copy of my transcript is enclosed.
6. Enclosed you will find a letter of recommendation from my former teacher of English.
7. You can see from the data sheet that is enclosed that.
8. I enclose a resume and one of my publications.
关于薪金待遇 About Salary
1. The salary I should require would be HK$6,500 per month as a start.
2. I should require a salary of 4,500 a month to begin with.
3. The salary I should require would be 60,000 a year, plus 1% commission on all sales.
4. The salary at which I should desire to commence is 10,000 dollars.
5. The salary required is 12,000 per month, living in the house.
6. I should require a commencing salary of 9,600 dollars a month.
7. I am quite willing to start with a small salary.
8. As regards salary, I leave it to you to decide after experience of my capacity.
9. However, the matter of remuneration will take care of itself, as it always does, if other things are all right.
10. I am willing to serve on trial for some months at a small salary.
说明离职原因 Reasons for leaving
1. My reason for leaving my present employment is that I am desirous of getting broader experience in trading.
2. my reason for leaving the company is that I wish to get into the advertising business.
3. I am leaving our office to be with my mother and care for my aged mother in a distant city.
4. My reason for leaving my present emplyment is simple because I see no chance of advancement.
5. I am desirous of leaving the office in order to gain more experience in an exporters office.
6. I am desirous of leaving the employment in order to improve my position and have more responsiblility.
7. I left them a fortnight ago, owing to a disagreement with the president Mr. Lau.
8. I left the position with the sesire of improving my position.
9. I left the office on acount of the discontinuance of the business.
10. I left the company because I found a full-time job after graduation.
11. The only reason why I am leaving the present position is I want an object to better myself.
12. Unfortunately I have had to leave my position, as my employers ave been forced to lequidate their business due to the worldwide economic adversity.
结尾：请求面谈及客套语 Ending: Request for Interview
1. I should be glad to have a personal interview and can furnish references if desired.
2. I solicit the favor of an interview, and assure you that if appointed, I will do my best to give you satisfaction.
3. If you desire and interview, I shall be most happy to call in person, on any day and at any time you may appoint.
4. Should you think favorably of my application, kindly grant me an interview.
5. Should you think favorably of my application, I would like to have an interview.
6. I hope that you will be kind enough to consider my application favorably.
7. I trust that you will give this application your favorable consideration.
8. Should you give me a trial, I will do my utmost to afford you every satisfaction.
9. Should this application meet with your favorable consideration, I will do my utmost to justify the confidence you may repose in me.
10. I assure you that if my application be successful, I will do my very best to please you.
11. Should you entertain my application favorably, I would spare no trouble to acquit myself to your satisfaction.
12. I wish to assure you that, if successful, I would endeavor to give you every satisfaction.