我要投稿 投诉建议

商务英语活学活用

时间:2021-03-01 11:37:57 商务英语 我要投稿

关于商务英语活学活用

  商务英语活学活用 商务电话

关于商务英语活学活用

  Ⅰ.核心学习:The Business Phone Call 商务电话

  Billy: Hey babe, your English is improving very quickly.

  比利:嘿,宝贝,你的英语提高的很快呀。

  Michael: Your English is not so shabby either.

  迈克尔:你的英语也不坏呀。

  Billy: Thanks for the compliment.

  比利:谢谢夸奖。

  Michael: What’s a compliment?

  迈克尔:什么叫compliment?

  Billy: That’s praise. You complimented me so I returned the favor.

  比利:就是称赞,赞扬。你夸我所以我回赞你。

  Michael: Cool. Can you do me another favor and teach me about business phone calls?

  迈克尔:好,那你能帮我一个忙,教我有关公司电话(的使用)吗?

  Billy: Sure. This is an important lesson, so pay close attention. If you can, get a friend to help you study today’s helpful dialogues.

  迈克尔:好,那你能帮我一个忙,教我有关公司电话(的使用)吗?

  Billy: Sure. This is an important lesson, so pay close attention. If you can, get a friend to help you study today’s helpful dialogues.

  比利:当然,这是非常需要注意的重要一课,如果可以,找一个朋友和你一起学习今天有用的对话。

  Michael: Let’s begin.

  迈克尔:我们开始吧。

  机械英汉双语词汇学习 297

  substrate 基底

  substratum 地层内段

  substructural works 底层结构工程

  substructure 底层结构;下层结构;地下建筑

  sub-subcontractor 再分包商;“三判”

  subsurface 地下;下层面

  subsurface building works 地下建筑工程

  subsurface run-off 地下径流

  subsurface seepage flow 地下渗流

  subsurface water 地下水

  subtenancy 分租租赁;分租租用权

  sub-tenant 分租客;三房客

  subtransferee 次承让人

  subtransferor 次出让人

  suburban 近郊;市郊

  subvented building project 资助工程计划

  subway 隧道;地道

  successful tenderer 中标者

  successor 继承人

  successor in title 业权继承人

  suction fan 吸风机;抽风机

  suction main 吸水干管

  suction pipe 吸水管;吸入管

  suction strainer 吸水口滤网

  sulphate-resisting Portland cement 耐硫酸盐水泥

  Summary of Precedent Registration Cases 《注册先例摘要》

  summary of tender 投标书总计

  商务英语活学活用 Telecommuting

  Ⅰ.核心学习:Telecommuting 远程办公

  Michael: Hi Billy. How have things been?

  迈克尔:嗨,比利。你好吗?

  Billy: Is that you, Michael? I haven’t seen you for such a long time that I have forgotten what you look like!

  比利: 那是你吗,迈克尔?我好长时间没有见到你了,我都忘了你长得什么样了!

  Michael: I have been working from home these days.

  迈克尔:这些天我一直在家办公。

  Billy: Do you mean that you have been bludging?

  比利:你是说你一直在偷懒吗?

  Michael: No! I have been working from home.

  迈克尔:不是!我一直在家办公。

  Billy: Michael, the office is for work. Home is for relaxing!

  比利:迈克尔,办公室是办公的地方;家是放松的地方!

  Michael: Billy, these days more and more people work from home. It’s called telecommuting.

  迈克尔:比利,现在越来越多的人在家里办公。这叫“远程办公”。

  Billy: That sounds ideal for me!

  比利:我觉得那是个完美的主意!

  Michael: Why do you think that telecommuting would be perfect for you?

  迈克尔:为什么你认为远程办公对你来说是完美的?

  Billy: Because I could sleep in all day and still get paid for it!

  比利:因为我可以整天睡大觉,还能拿报酬!

  商务英语活学活用 爱偷懒的员工和模范员工

  Ⅰ.核心学习:爱偷懒的员工和模范员工

  Michael: Hello sir, how can I help you?

  迈克尔:你好,先生,我能为您效劳吗?

  Billy: You are a model employee.

  比利:你是一个模范员工。

  Michael: Thanks for the compliment sir, but I still have a lot to learn.

  迈克尔:谢谢您的夸奖,先生,但是,我还有很多要学习的东西。

  Billy: I need you to talk to Mr. Ed. He is a slacker.

  比利:我希望你能和艾德先生谈谈,他是一个爱偷懒的人。

  Michael: He is a bit of a loafer.

  迈克尔:他是有一点儿游手好闲。

  Billy: Can you help him?

  比利:你能帮助他吗?

  Michael: I will do my best to teach him and others to be model employees.

  迈克尔:我一定尽力帮助他和其他人成为模范员工。

  商务英语活学活用 开电影院很赚钱(1)

  Ⅰ.核心学习:开电影院很赚钱

  Billy: Hello sir, how can I help you?

  比利:你好先生,我能帮您做点儿什么?

  Michael: I want your opinion on opening a movie theater.

  迈克尔:我想听听你对开家电影院的看法。

  Billy: Movie theatres are big business.

  比利:开电影院可是大买卖。

  Michael: I see. What is the main cash crop?

  迈克尔:我明白了。那主要的收入来源是什么呢?

  Billy: Snack food is the main cash crop.

  比利:零食是主要的收入来源。

  Michael: Can you tell me more about movie theatres from a business stand point?

  迈克尔:你能不能再从商业的角度说的详细一点儿?

  Billy: My pleasure, sir.

  比利:我的荣幸,先生。

  Ⅱ.单词简析

  1) Big business : makes a lot of money

  大买卖

  ex:Owning a movie theatre can be big business.

  自己开电影院可是桩大买卖。

  2) Box office : the placer to buy the tickets

  售票处

  ex:Stand in line at the box office to buy the tickets.

  请在售票处排队买票。

  3) Cash crop : that which makes the most money

  主要的收入来源

  ex:Selling food and snacks is the real cash crop at the movies.

  卖食品和零食是电影院真正的主要收入来源。

  4) Complimentary : free

  免费赠送

  ex:My boss gave me complimentary tickets to the cinema.

  我的老板给了我一张电影院的赠票。

  5) Sold out : full, no more seats in the theatre

  满座,票售完

  ex:Jim Carrey’s newest flick sold out every night last week.

  吉姆·凯瑞的最新电影上个礼拜每天晚上都是满座,票全卖完了。

  Ⅲ.课文篇

  Movie theatre are big business, here’s why.

  开电影院很赚钱,这是因为:

  1) Their cash crop is not the movie tickets, but rather the food that they sell to customers.

  2) Many famous movies sell out every night. The more sold out shows there are, the more cash the cinema makes.

  3) They rarely give complimentary tickets.

  4) Box office sales are on the raise. More people than ever are going out to see movies.

  5) It is now a custom to go see movies with your loved ones on most holidays.

  1) 影院的主要收入来源不是电影票,而是卖给观众的食物。

  2) 很多有名的电影都能卖个满座,票卖的越多,电影院赚的钱也就越多。

  3) 电影院很少发放赠票。

  4) 票房收入在上升,越来越多的人愿意出来看电影。

  5) 在大多数节假日里,与你喜欢的'人一起看场电影已经成为了一种习惯。

  Ⅳ.对话篇

  Molly : Pardon me, Gordon, do you still have a friend who is an usher at the cinema?

  莫莉:不好意思,戈登,你还有个朋友在电影院里当引座员吗?

  Gordon: Yes I do, he is a great guy.

  戈登:有,他可是个不错的家伙。

  Molly : Can he get us complimentary tickets?

  莫莉:他能不能帮我们搞到赠票?

  Gordon: Only if he is working at the box office tonight.

  戈登:除非他今天晚上卖票。

  Molly : Maybe he can get us some complimentary food too.

  莫莉:也许他还帮我们搞到些免费吃的。

  Gordon: Don’t push your luck.

  戈登:得了,别太贪得无厌了。

  Molly : I am sorry, what does, "don’t push your luck mean?"

  莫莉:对不起,什么叫“见好就收”呀?

  Gordon: It means don’t ask for too much. Food is the cinema’s cash crop, so he can’t give it away for free. Understand?

  戈登:意思就是说别指望的太多。吃的可是电影院主要的收入来源,所以他不可能给我们免费食物,懂么?

  Molly : I understand. Owning a movie theatre is big business.

  莫莉:我懂了。经营一家电影院可是个大买卖。

  Gordon: If my friend was the CEO, I am sure he could help us, but he is only a low-level usher.

  戈登:如果我的朋友是电影院的首席执行官,那他肯定能帮我们,但他只是个小小的引座员。

  Molly : Complimentary tickets are fine. I’ll take what I can get.

  莫莉:能得到免费电影票就已经不错了,我知足了。

  只有英语专业的学生才能懂的7件事

  7 Things only an English Major Will Understand

  1.A complete silence is much appreciated.

  完全沉默是非常必要的

  English majors need enough time to think about what they’re reading. They need to hear their own thoughts. They often choose to read in silence. You might see them in the library hunched over a desk full of books, or maybe even sleeping on an opened text. They love thinking, but libraries can be so peaceful, it’s hard not to think of a little snooze.

  英语专业需要足够多的时间去思考他们读到的是什么。他们需要倾听自己的思想。通常他们都会选择在沉默中阅读。也许你看见他们头埋在堆满书的图书馆桌子上,或者你看见的是他们趴在打开的一本书上睡着了。他们喜欢思考,但是图书馆太安静了,不打瞌睡都很困难。

  2.Libraries and coffee shops are the best spots.

  图书馆和咖啡店是最好的地方

  Rather than wasting time playing games, or partying the whole night away at a bar, English majors would rather go to libraries or coffee shops to read (and get another does of caffeine).

  与其把时间用来打游戏,或者整晚的泡在酒吧,英语专业的孩子更愿意去图书馆或者咖啡店阅读。

  3.Over-thinking is a habit.

  深入思考是一种习惯

  Because of their experience with analytic linguistics, English majors tend to over-analyze behaviors of people, to the point that it becomes habitual.

  因为他们有分析语言的经历,英语专业的学生更容易过度的去分析人们的行为,最后变成一种习惯。

  4.Handling 120% pressure is quite a norm.

  处理120%的压力也相当正常

  Writing a 15-page analysis about their professor’s movie, hundreds of impromptu speeches, reading a 150-page literature book are quite normal for them. They are still able to make it with less time. It’s like that saying, practice makes perfect.

  写出电影的15页分析,成百上千字的即席演讲,读150页的文学作品,这些对于他们来说都太正常了。他们还能用更少的时间完成。就像古语说熟能生巧一样。

  5.William Shakespeare and Jane Austen are their peers.

  莎士比亚和简 奥斯丁是他们的小伙伴

  Because they delve so deeply into Shakespeare’s sonnets and plays, or Austen’s “Pride and Prejudice”, the student feels like the know the actual person. Thus, they consider them their peer.

  因为他们如此深入地研究莎士比亚十四行诗,戏剧以及简奥斯丁的《傲慢与偏见》,学生就会有似乎真的认识这个人的感觉。所以他们讲其视为他们的小伙伴。

  6.Watching professors’ favorite movie is a hobby.

  看教授们喜欢的电影是一种兴趣

  This is admittedly true. So, when you want to have a good grade, knowing their professor’s favorite movie is the best thing they should do. This sounds funny but it is true.

  诚然如此,所以你想要成为一个优等生的时候,知道教授最喜欢的电影就是英语专业的学生最应该做的事。听起来有些有趣但事实就是这样。

  7.Feeling discomfort to sell a book is usual.

  卖书的时候觉得不开心也是平常事

  Their subjects are just interconnected. So, they don’t want to sell their good old book unless they are done with university studies.

  他们的东西都是有一定共性的。所以他们不愿意将自己那些旧的有用的书卖掉,除非他们的大学生活结束。

【关于商务英语活学活用】相关文章:

考研英语长难句活学活用案例04-18

关于商务英语作文四篇02-26

关于商务英语作文五篇02-26

关于商务英语作文10篇02-26

关于商务英语作文7篇02-26

关于商务英语作文3篇02-26

关于商务英语作文6篇02-25

关于商务英语作文9篇02-25

关于商务英语作文8篇02-25

关于商务英语作文九篇02-25