我要投稿 投诉建议

招待外国经理的商务英语应用

时间:2021-03-01 10:57:53 商务英语 我要投稿

关于招待外国经理的商务英语应用

  Ⅰ.核心学习:关于招待外国经理的提示

关于招待外国经理的商务英语应用

  Billy: Why are you running around like a chicken with its head cut off?

  比利:你怎么像只无头苍蝇似的慌里慌张的?

  Michael: A foreign manager from overseas is visiting.

  迈克尔:一位外国经理要来了。

  Billy: Haven’t you hosted a foreign boss before?

  比利:你以前从来没招待过外国老板吗?

  Michael: No, I am a newbie at this.

  迈克尔:没有,我在这方面是新手。

  Billy: Don’t you fret. I will give you some hints on the Business English you should use.

  比利:别担心,对于你该用的商务英语,我会给你一些提示。

  Michael: Can you also teach me about where to take them around town?

  迈克尔:你能不能再告诉我该带他们到城里哪些地方去转转?

  Billy: I will give you a lot of hints.

  比利:我会给你很多提议。

  Ⅱ.单词简析

  1) Hint : clue, help

  提示、线索,帮助

  ex:I need assistance, can you give me hint?

  我需要一位助手,你能给我个提仪吗?

  2) Host a guest : take care of a guest, pay for them and make plans

  招待客人;照顾客人,为他们付帐,安排一切

  ex:Last week I hosted three foreign clients from Germany.

  上星期我招待了三位从德国来的外国客户。

  3) Fret : worry about

  担心

  ex:Many students fret over their college entry exam.

  很多学生都很担心他们的大学入学考试。

  4) Newbie : fresh, inexperienced, new

  新手,没有经验的

  ex:Here is the newbie, teach him what to do.

  这是新来的,告诉他该做什么。

  5) Running around like a chicken with its head cut off : being nervous, acting crazy

  像没头苍蝇似的跑来跑去;很紧张,举动疯狂

  ex:To find more votes, the candidate ran around like a chicken with its head cut off.

  这位候选人像只没头苍蝇似的跑来跑去多拉选票。

  Ⅲ.课文篇

  Hints on Hosting a Manger from Overseas

  关于招待外国经理的提示

  1) Take them to a famous restaurant, but let them order some of the food.

  2) Don’t fret if you are a newbie at hosting.

  3) Ask them what they would like to be called.

  4) Never offer them cigarettes!

  5) Try to teach them a little Chinese. It is fun and useful.

  6) Ask about their hometown, but don’t ask why they came to China.

  1)带他们到一家很有名的餐厅,但让他们来点一些菜。

  2)如果你在招待客人方面没经验,不要担心。

  3)问他们喜欢怎样称呼。

  4)切记不要向他们敬烟。

  5)试着教他们一点儿中文。这很有意思,也很有用。

  6)问问他们的家乡是哪里,但不要问他们为什么到中国来。

  Ⅳ.对话篇

  Molly : Why are you running around like a chicken with its head cut off?

  莫莉:你为什么像只没头苍蝇似的慌里慌张的?

  Gordon: I am hosting a manager from overseas. She told me she doesn’t like Chinese food. Where can I take her?

  戈登:我正在招待一位国外来的经理。她告诉我她不喜欢中国菜,我该带她到哪去?

  Molly : I’ll give you a hint. Try western restaurants inside major hotels.

  莫莉:我给你个提议。试试大饭店里的西餐厅。

  Gordon: Will they have a good selection?

  戈登:那有很多选择的余地吗?

  Molly : Don’t fret. Most big hotels have at least two western restaurants.

  莫莉:别担心,大多数大饭店最少有两家西餐厅。

  Gordon: I didn’t know that.

  戈登:我不知道这个。

  Molly : You sure are a newbie. But after hosting your first oversea manager, you will be an expert.

  莫莉:你确实是个新手,不过招待完一次外国经理,你就成行家了。

  Gordon: Thanks a bunch. I don’t know what I would do without you.

  戈登:多谢。真不知道没有你我该怎么办。

  Molly : I do. You would run around like a chicken with its head off.

  莫莉:我知道。你会像只没头苍蝇似的跑来跑去。

  商务英语活学活用 与同事周末去玩(1)

  Ⅰ.核心学习:Weekend away with Colleagues 与同事周末去玩

  Steve: I am so tired of the city life.

  史蒂夫:我很厌倦城市生活。

  Mike: Do you mean all the long hours at work as well as the noise and bustle of the big smoke?

  迈克: 你是指工作时间很长以及嘈杂的声音和飞驰的浓烟?

  Steve: Got it in one my friend.

  史蒂夫:没错,我的朋友。

  Mike: How about we suggest that we all go away for a company outing to somewhere rural?

  迈克: 我们建议公司里所有的人去乡下某个地方玩玩,怎么样?

  Steve: That sounds like an interesting idea. Where could we go?

  史蒂夫:这想法听起来很有意思。我们可以去哪?

  Mike: Well we live in this huge city, so how about we go somewhere that is the complete opposite?

  迈克:嗯,我们住在大城市里,因此我们要去一个截然不同的地方,怎么样?

  Steve: Do you mean somewhere in the countryside?

  史蒂夫:你是指农村?

  Mike: Yep - let’s find a small village and spend the weekend away.

  迈克:没错―我们去找一个小村子,然后在那里度周末。

  Steve: Cool! And it will be even better if we can convince the taskmaster to pay the bill!

  史蒂夫:酷!如果我们能说服头儿掏钱,那就更好了!

  Ⅱ.单词简析

  1) Bustle: moving quickly

  飞奔:快速移动

  ex:Sometimes the hustle and bustle of the city just gets me down, so I escape to somewhere slower and quieter.

  有时候城里熙熙攘攘的景象让我觉得很沮丧,所以我要逃到一个节奏慢点、安静点的地方。

  2) Outing: a trip away

  外出:旅行

  ex:One of the best ways to refresh yourself is to have an outing somewhere completely different.

  恢复精力最好的方法之一是到一个截然不同的地方旅行。

  3) Rural: the opposite of urban, the countryside

  乡间:城市的反面,农村

  ex:The majority of Chinese people live in rural areas and not in big cities.

  大多数的中国人生活在农村而不是大城市。

  4) Taskmaster: your boss, the person who tell you what to do

  头儿:你的老板

  ex:I can’t go out for a beer tonight because my taskmaster wants me to finish an important report.

  今晚我不能去喝啤酒,因为我的上司想让我完成一份重要报告。

  Ⅲ.课文篇

  It’s funny really - you spend more time with the people you work with than you do with your family and friends, but who can say that they really know the people they work with well?

  真的很有意思―你和与你一起工作的人度过的时间要多于你和家人与朋友。可是谁能说他们很了解那些和他们一起工作的人呢?

  The reality is that you usually only get to see one side of a person at work. The need for people to act professionally at work and the management structures means that you don’t always get to see the true personality of your colleagues and bosses.

  事实上你通常只看到一个人工作的一面。在工作和管理中人们需要表现得很职业,这就意味这你不总能看到你的同事和老板的真实性格。

  A great way to fix this and really learn about the people you work with is to have an outing. A successful outing should be away from the office and in an environment that is different from the usual office scene.

  解决此问题并要真正了解与你一起工作的人的一个好方法就是外出旅游。旅游要成功,就要选择一个远离办公室,并且与一般办公室氛围不同的地方。

  To ensure that everyone has a good time, here are some simple points to follow:

  为了确保每个人都玩得开心,要遵循以下几个小方面。

  Yes. When your client steps out of the car, he or she will be on the curbside and therefore won’t have to deal with getting out in traffic or sliding across the seat.

  正确。当你的客户下车时,他/她就会站在路边,因此就不必担心往来车辆或者挪位置下车了。

  There should be no hierarchy for the whole trip. In simple terms this means that everyone is equal for the time of the trip. The boss is equal to the staff for a few days! This will help everyone to relax and show their true personalities.

  * 整个旅程不应有等级之分。简而言之就是说在旅途中每个人都是平等的。有几天时间老板和员工是平等的!这有助于让每个人放松,表现他们真实的个性。

  You should remember that different people like to do different things and try to organize activities that cater to everyone. For example, some people might like to get up early and watch the sun rise but others want to sleep.

  * 你应该记住不同的人喜欢做不同的事,要设法组织符合每个人口味的活动。例如,有些人可能喜欢早起看日出,而其他人却想睡觉。

  Make sure that meal times are when the group is all together. Having breakfast, lunch and dinner together can be a great way to help develop your team into a really close group.

  * 确保人齐了以后再吃饭。在一起吃早餐、中餐和晚餐是帮助整个小组的关系变得真正亲密的一种好方式。

  The most important thing to make the weekend away is to ensure that you create a different atmosphere from the office. Make a rule that no one should take their mobile phones, laptops or any work with them. It would also help to ask people to talk about subjects other than work and to hang out with people that they don’t usually get close to in the office.

  * 周末旅游最重要的一点是要确保你创造一个与办公室不同的氛围。订一条规则,每个人都不要带上手机、笔记本电脑或者工作。谈论工作之外的话题或与平时在办公室里不太接近的人一起玩也有所帮助。

  Remember - the idea is to have fun and get to know your colleagues better!

  * 记住―目的是为了玩得开心,同时更多了解你的同事!

  Ⅳ.对话篇

  Beth: How did you enjoy the weekend in the countryside Sally?

  贝丝:在乡下的周末过得愉快吗,莎莉?

  Sally: I had a great time. The fresh air, the peace and quiet and I got to know many new people.

  莎莉:我玩得很开心。空气清新、心情平静、环境安宁,而且我认识了很多新人。

  Beth: Why do you say that the people you work with are ’new’ people?

  贝丝:你为什么说和你一起工作的人是“新”人?

  Sally: Because at work I only saw their professional business image. On the outing I saw their fun side.

  莎莉:因为在单位我只看到他们职业化的工作形象。在外面玩的时候我看到了他们有趣的一面。

  Beth: Do you think that the weekend away made the team more productive?

  贝丝:你认为周末旅游能提高团队的效率吗?

  Sally: I really did think so. I got to know everyone so much better so that our communication will be smoother.

  莎莉:我确实这么认为。我多了解了每个人,这样我们的交流就更容易了。

  Beth: I hope that I can go in the next outing!

  贝丝:我希望下一次旅行我能去!

  Sally: Hmmm - I’m not sure that I really want to see your fun side Beth!

  莎莉:嗯―我不知道我是否真的想看到你有趣的一面,贝丝!

  商务英语活学活用 Sales and Marketing(1)

  Ⅰ.核心学习:Sales and Marketing 销售与市场营销

  Steve: I think I need some career guidance Mike.

  史蒂夫:我觉得我需要一些事业指导迈克。

  Mike: Why do you say that?

  迈克:你为什么那么说?

  Steve: I’m getting bored with my current position.

  史蒂夫:我开始烦我目前的职位了。

  Mike: Have you thought about a new direction for your career?

  迈克:你为你的事业想过新的方向吗?

  Steve: Like what? Can you think of something interesting for me?

  史蒂夫:比如说?你能帮我想出一些有意思的东西吗?

  Mike: Why not sales and marketing?

  迈克:销售与市场营销怎么样?

  Steve: Do you mean sales or do you mean marketing?

  史蒂夫:你是指销售还是指市场营销?

  Mike: They are the same thing, aren’t they?

  迈克:它们是一回事,不是吗?

  Steve: No way! They are totally different. Let me fill you in on the main differences.

  史蒂夫:不是!它们完全不同。让我详细告诉你主要的不同之处。

  Ⅱ.单词简析

  1) Career guidance: getting advice about your work strengths and weaknesses

  事业指导:有关你工作的长处和短处的建议

  ex:Career guidance is usually offered by the Human Resources department of a company.

  事业指导通常由公司的人力资源部提供。

  2) Sales: jobs where you actively sell goods and services to customers or clients

  销售:积极地将物品和服务卖给消费者或客户的工作

  ex:Most sales people work for a base salary and then a percentage commission.

  大多数销售人员的工作报酬是基本工资外加一个百分比提成。

  3) Marketing: jobs that involve studying the target market for a goods or service to increase sales

  市场营销:为了提高销售额而开展的有关研究物品和服务目标市场的工作

  ex:The marketing department in our company always has lots of cool gifts they use to promote the company like t-shirts and coffee cups.

  我们公司的市场营销部总有很多用来提高公司知名度的很酷的赠品,如T-恤、咖啡杯等。

  4) Integral: vital, important

  必不可少的:必需的,重要的

  ex:The only two things that are integral to my morning are coffee and cigarettes!

  我早上必不可少的两样东西是咖啡和香烟!

  5) Challenging: something that is not simple or easy

  激励的、挑战的:不简单、不容易的事情

  ex:Swimming across the English Channel to France would be very challenging.

  游泳横渡英吉利海峡到法国很有挑战。

  Ⅲ.课文篇

  Many people think that sales and marketing are the same job. Some people think that marketing is what sales people do to sell a product. This could not be farther from the truth, as we will see below.

  很多人认为销售和市场营销是同一个工作。一些人认为市场营销就是销售人员所做的产品推销。这和它的本意有天壤之别,这正如我们下面所看到的。

  Sales means trying to convince someone to buy your goods or services. Generally, customers buy goods and clients buy services.

  销售指的是设法说服某人买你的物品或服务。通常来说,消费者买物品,而客户买服务。

  Marketing is a number of processes that are designed to help a company understand the market and what the market thinks of their goods or services.

  市场营销是为了帮助公司了解市场以及市场对公司产品和服务的想法而展开的一系列工作。

  When marketing is done well, it will help management to make changes to the product to better suit the market needs and also help increase sales because more people will be aware of the product.

  市场营销做得好,它就会帮助改变经营策略,使产品更好地满足市场需求,而且让更多的人知道该产品,从而提高产品的销售额,

  Sales and marketing department usually work separately but closely.

  销售部和市场营销部的工作通常分开进行,但又紧密相连。

  A marketing project usually starts with a market survey. This means asking potential customers their honest thoughts and feelings about the product. You should also compare your product with your competitors to understand the relative strengths and weaknesses of each.

  一个市场营销项目通常始于一项市场调查。这意味着询问潜在消费者对产品的真实想法和感受。你还应该将你的`产品和竞争者的产品相互比较,从而了解各自相关的长处和短处。

  Twenty years ago, marketing was not an important business function, but as the market place become more and more competitive each year, good marketing (and good sales) has become one of the most integral and challenging areas to work in.

  二十年前,市场营销并不是一个重要的商业功能,但是随着市场竞争的逐年强烈,好的市场营销(以及好的销售)已经成为最重要和最有挑战的工作领域。

  Ⅳ.对话篇

  Beth: I like the idea of working in sales.

  贝丝:我喜欢在销售部门工作的主意。

  Sally: Oh, I don’t think I would like it at all.

  莎莉:哦我觉得我根本不喜欢它。

  Beth: I’m surprised to hear that. Why wouldn’t you like sales?

  贝丝:听到这我觉得很惊讶。你为什么不喜欢销售工作?

  Sally: There is too much pressure to make sales all the time and I don’t like the idea of working for commission.

  莎莉:整天推销压力太大了,而且我不喜欢工作拿提成。

  Beth: I think that commission is a great idea - the more you sell the more you make.

  贝丝:我认为拿提成是个很棒的主意-你卖得越多,你挣得也就越多。

  Sally: But if I make no sales, I get no commission. How can I pay the rent?

  莎莉:但是如果我卖不出去,我就没有提成。我怎么付租金?

  Beth: Sales is challenging I know, but the rewards can be big.

  贝丝:我知道销售很有挑战,不过报酬很可观。

  Sally: I prefer to work for a salary. At least I know exactly how much I will earn each month.

  莎莉:我更喜欢拿固定工资。至少我知道每个月我确切挣多少钱。

  Beth: Without sales, there would be no company. I am proud to lead the way for the rest of the staff!

  贝丝:没有销售就没有公司。我为带领着公司的其他员工前进颇感得意!

  看电影学英语:《忍者神龟:变种时代》

  ◎译  名 忍者神龟:变种时代/真人版忍者神龟/忍者龟:变种新任务(港)/忍者龟:变种时代(台)

  ◎片  名 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

  ◎年  代 2014

  ◎国  家 美国

  ◎类  别 动作/冒险/喜剧

  ◎语  言 英语

  ◎字  幕 中英双字幕

  ◎IMDB评分 6.0/10 from 109,735 users

  ◎文件格式 BD-RMVB

  ◎视频尺寸 1280 x 720

  ◎文件大小 1CD

  ◎片  长 01:41:17 (h:m:s)

  ◎导  演 乔纳森·理贝斯曼 Jonathan Liebesman

  ◎主  演 皮特·普劳泽克 Pete Ploszek ....莱昂纳多Leonardo

  阿伦·瑞奇森 Alan Ritchson ....拉斐尔 Raphael

  梅根·福克斯 Megan Fox ....艾蓓丽尔·奥尼尔 April O'Neil

  威廉·菲德内尔 William Fichtner 史莱德 ....The Shredder

  诺尔·费舍 Noel Fisher ....米开朗基罗 Michelangelo

  杰瑞米·霍华德 Jeremy Howard 多纳泰罗 Donatello

  威尔·阿奈特 Will Arnett ....弗恩·芬威克 Vernon Fenwick

  乌比·戈德堡 Whoopi Goldberg ....Bernadette Thompson

  艾比·艾略特 Abby Elliott ....Irma Langinstein

  Minae Noji ....Karai

  Ami Sheth ....Female Newscaster

  K. Todd Freeman ....Dr. Baxter Stockman

  Michelle Guo ....Mr. Chang Translator

  Alexander Jameson ....Child in Times Square

  Malina Weissman ....Young April

  Casey Roberts ....Child in Times Square

  Stephen Sapienza ....Foot Soldier

  Alison Fernandez ....Rosa

  Kelli Wilcoxen ....Event Patron

  Matthew Andrews ....Yoga Guy

  Sam Ibram ....Foot Soldier

  Raquel Merediz ....Rosa's Mother

  Venida Evans ....Sassy Old Lady

  Joseph Paul Kennedy ....Young Boy

  ◎简  介

  在犯罪和恐惧不断蔓延的城市里,史莱德和他所率领的邪恶大脚帮把警方和政客牢牢控制在魔掌中,未来的前景更是一片黑暗,直到离群索居的四位忍者神龟兄弟挺身而出。他们在一场变调的科学实验中存活了下来,从下水道崛起并承担使命,成为戴着面具的终极正义使者。面对史莱德想要支配整座城市的残酷计划,忍者神龟将和勇敢无惧的女记者爱普尔·奥尼尔(梅根·福克斯 饰)以及爱耍嘴皮的摄影师弗恩(威尔·阿奈特 饰)通力合作,拯救纽约市民。

  花絮

  .爱普莉尔经常穿一件黄夹克,以向她在1987年版《忍者神龟》的造型致敬。在那部影片中,她穿着一件显眼的黄色连裤衫。

  .扮演神龟老师斯普林特的演员丹尼·沃德本恩身高仅1米22,这是为了忠于原著。原著中斯普林特的身高要比他的神龟徒弟们矮。

  .为了保密,该片在拍摄期用的假片名是“Foursquare”。

  .该片的打斗场面受武打片《精武英雄》和《突袭》的影响。

  .影片原来叫做“Ninja Turtles”,但粉丝不买账,为了满足他们,片名中又加入了“Teenage Mutant”这个部分。

  点击进入电影介绍及下载链接:www.yjbys.com

  机械英汉双语词汇学习 283

  traversing crane 桥式吊车

  trawl 拖网

  trawling 调迁公屋

  tread 楼梯踏板;级面

  trellis 花棚

  tremie concrete 水下浇注混凝土

  tremie pipe 水下浇注管

  trench 坑道;沟;槽

  trench excavation 挖坑;挖沟;开槽

  trench excavator 挖坑机

  trenching works 挖坑工程

  trenchless excavation method 无坑敷管法

  trestle scaffold 排架式棚架

  trial hole 试孔

  trial mix 试拌

  trial panel 试板

  trial pit 探井;试井

  Trial Scheme to Improve Minor Repair Service 改善公屋小型维修服务试验计划

  trial trench 探槽;探沟

  商务英语活学活用 组织客户会议(1)

  Ⅰ.核心学习:商务英语与组织客户会议

  Billy: Let me tell you the agenda for today’s lesson.

  比利:让我来告诉你今天课程的安排。Michael: "Agenda", what’s that?

  迈克尔:“安排”是什么?

  Billy: The agenda is the schedule.

  比利:安排就是一个时间表。

  Michael: Teach on.

  迈克尔:继续说。

  Billy: First we will lean how to organize a client meeting, then we will learn some more business English.

  比利:首先,我们要学习怎样组织一次客户会议,然后,我们要学习更多的商务英语。

  Michael: I can’t wait to learn more Business English.

  迈克尔:学习更多的商务英语,太好了,我都等不及了。

  Billy: Your boss can’t wait either.

  比利:你的老板也等不及了。

  Ⅱ.单词简析

  1) Agenda : trip schedule, list of activities

  议程

  ex:My trip agenda includes a conference in Paris and a meeting in London.

  我的旅行议程包括在巴黎参加一个会议和在一个伦敦会晤。

  2) Client : customers, accounts

  客户

  ex:My company is getting many new clients.

  我们公司的新客户越来越多。

  3) Contact info : phone numbers, e-mails

  联系方法

  ex:Make sure to leave your contact info before you go.

  你一定要在你走之前留下你的联系方法。

  4) Reservation : to book, order

  预定

  ex:My secretary made hotel reservations for all of our clients. She got their contact info from my Rolodex.

  我的秘书已经为我们所有的客户预定了旅馆房间。她是通过我的客户联系单和他们取得联系的。

  5) Rolodex : a list of client’s phone number and contact info

  客户联系单

  ex:My Rolodex has many important phone numbers in it.

  我的客户联系单记录了许多重要的电话号码。

  Ⅲ.课文篇

  Organizing a client meeting

  1) Use your Rolodex to get the clients’ contact info.

  2) Send them invitations.

  3) Find a quality hotel to put them up in.

  4) Write clear agendas for meetings and other activities.

  5) The client is always right.

  如何组织一个客户会议

  1) 从客户联系单中了解客户的联系方法。

  2) 向客户发出邀请。

  3) 为客户找一家上档次的饭店,让他们在那里住宿。

  4) 提供一张清晰的关于会议议程以及其它活动的时间表。

  5) 客户永远是正确的。

  Ⅳ.对话篇

  Gordon: Hello, Beth, please invite all our clients to the conference next month.

  戈登:嗨,贝思,请你邀请我们所有的客户参加下个月的会议。

  Beth: How should I get their contact info?

  贝思:我怎样才能知道他们的联系方法呢?

  Gordon: Get the clients’ contact info from my Rolodex.

  戈登:从我的客户联系单中找他们的联系方法。

  Beth: Where should I put them up?

  贝思:让客户在哪里住宿呢?

  Gordon: How about the Holiday Inn?

  戈登:假日酒店怎么样?

  Beth: The clients like the Hilton more.

  贝思:客户更喜欢希尔顿饭店。

  Gordon: Well, the client is always right.

  戈登:好吧,客户永远是正确的。

  Beth: What else would I prepare, Sir?

  贝思:还有什么要我准备的,先生?

  Gordon: Please print out the meeting agenda for me to look over.

  戈登:打印一份会议的议程表给我看看。

  Beth: Certainly.

  贝思:好的。

  Gordon: And make sure to return my Rolodex to my desk when you are done with it.

  戈登:你用完客户联系单之后,把它放回到我的桌上。

  Beth: Of course. I’m on it.

  贝思:当然,我会这么做的。

【关于招待外国经理的商务英语应用】相关文章:

关于经理的简历06-16

外国名人的求职故事08-28

外国的读书名言警句12-03

外国有趣的跨年习俗01-27

外国元旦节的由来01-01

关于商务英语作文四篇02-26

关于商务英语作文五篇02-26

关于商务英语作文10篇02-26

关于商务英语作文7篇02-26

关于商务英语作文3篇02-26