我要投稿 投诉建议

商务英语

时间:2021-02-26 15:00:33 商务英语 我要投稿
  • 相关推荐

商务英语

  商务英语活学活用 爱偷懒的员工和模范员工

商务英语

  Ⅰ.核心学习:爱偷懒的员工和模范员工

  Michael: Hello sir, how can I help you?

  迈克尔:你好,先生,我能为您效劳吗?

  Billy: You are a model employee.

  比利:你是一个模范员工。

  Michael: Thanks for the compliment sir, but I still have a lot to learn.

  迈克尔:谢谢您的夸奖,先生,但是,我还有很多要学习的东西。

  Billy: I need you to talk to Mr. Ed. He is a slacker.

  比利:我希望你能和艾德先生谈谈,他是一个爱偷懒的人。

  Michael: He is a bit of a loafer.

  迈克尔:他是有一点儿游手好闲。

  Billy: Can you help him?

  比利:你能帮助他吗?

  Michael: I will do my best to teach him and others to be model employees.

  迈克尔:我一定尽力帮助他和其他人成为模范员工。

  商务英语活学活用 商务电话

  Ⅰ.核心学习:The Business Phone Call 商务电话

  Billy: Hey babe, your English is improving very quickly.

  比利:嘿,宝贝,你的英语提高的很快呀。

  Michael: Your English is not so shabby either.

  迈克尔:你的英语也不坏呀。

  Billy: Thanks for the compliment.

  比利:谢谢夸奖。

  Michael: What’s a compliment?

  迈克尔:什么叫compliment?

  Billy: That’s praise. You complimented me so I returned the favor.

  比利:就是称赞,赞扬。你夸我所以我回赞你。

  Michael: Cool. Can you do me another favor and teach me about business phone calls?

  迈克尔:好,那你能帮我一个忙,教我有关公司电话(的使用)吗?

  Billy: Sure. This is an important lesson, so pay close attention. If you can, get a friend to help you study today’s helpful dialogues.

  迈克尔:好,那你能帮我一个忙,教我有关公司电话(的使用)吗?

  Billy: Sure. This is an important lesson, so pay close attention. If you can, get a friend to help you study today’s helpful dialogues.

  比利:当然,这是非常需要注意的重要一课,如果可以,找一个朋友和你一起学习今天有用的对话。

  Michael: Let’s begin.

  迈克尔:我们开始吧。

  商务英语活学活用 Telecommuting

  Ⅰ.核心学习:Telecommuting 远程办公

  Michael: Hi Billy. How have things been?

  迈克尔:嗨,比利。你好吗?

  Billy: Is that you, Michael? I haven’t seen you for such a long time that I have forgotten what you look like!

  比利: 那是你吗,迈克尔?我好长时间没有见到你了,我都忘了你长得什么样了!

  Michael: I have been working from home these days.

  迈克尔:这些天我一直在家办公。

  Billy: Do you mean that you have been bludging?

  比利:你是说你一直在偷懒吗?

  Michael: No! I have been working from home.

  迈克尔:不是!我一直在家办公。

  Billy: Michael, the office is for work. Home is for relaxing!

  比利:迈克尔,办公室是办公的地方;家是放松的地方!

  Michael: Billy, these days more and more people work from home. It’s called telecommuting.

  迈克尔:比利,现在越来越多的人在家里办公。这叫“远程办公”。

  Billy: That sounds ideal for me!

  比利:我觉得那是个完美的主意!

  Michael: Why do you think that telecommuting would be perfect for you?

  迈克尔:为什么你认为远程办公对你来说是完美的?

  Billy: Because I could sleep in all day and still get paid for it!

  比利:因为我可以整天睡大觉,还能拿报酬!

  商务英语活学活用 开电影院很赚钱(1)

  Ⅰ.核心学习:开电影院很赚钱

  Billy: Hello sir, how can I help you?

  比利:你好先生,我能帮您做点儿什么?

  Michael: I want your opinion on opening a movie theater.

  迈克尔:我想听听你对开家电影院的看法。

  Billy: Movie theatres are big business.

  比利:开电影院可是大买卖。

  Michael: I see. What is the main cash crop?

  迈克尔:我明白了。那主要的收入来源是什么呢?

  Billy: Snack food is the main cash crop.

  比利:零食是主要的收入来源。

  Michael: Can you tell me more about movie theatres from a business stand point?

  迈克尔:你能不能再从商业的角度说的详细一点儿?

  Billy: My pleasure, sir.

  比利:我的荣幸,先生。

  Ⅱ.单词简析

  1) Big business : makes a lot of money

  大买卖

  ex:Owning a movie theatre can be big business.

  自己开电影院可是桩大买卖。

  2) Box office : the placer to buy the tickets

  售票处

  ex:Stand in line at the box office to buy the tickets.

  请在售票处排队买票。

  3) Cash crop : that which makes the most money

  主要的收入来源

  ex:Selling food and snacks is the real cash crop at the movies.

  卖食品和零食是电影院真正的主要收入来源。

  4) Complimentary : free

  免费赠送

  ex:My boss gave me complimentary tickets to the cinema.

  我的老板给了我一张电影院的赠票。

  5) Sold out : full, no more seats in the theatre

  满座,票售完

  ex:Jim Carrey’s newest flick sold out every night last week.

  吉姆·凯瑞的最新电影上个礼拜每天晚上都是满座,票全卖完了。

  Ⅲ.课文篇

  Movie theatre are big business, here’s why.

  开电影院很赚钱,这是因为:

  1) Their cash crop is not the movie tickets, but rather the food that they sell to customers.

  2) Many famous movies sell out every night. The more sold out shows there are, the more cash the cinema makes.

  3) They rarely give complimentary tickets.

  4) Box office sales are on the raise. More people than ever are going out to see movies.

  5) It is now a custom to go see movies with your loved ones on most holidays.

  1) 影院的主要收入来源不是电影票,而是卖给观众的食物。

  2) 很多有名的电影都能卖个满座,票卖的越多,电影院赚的钱也就越多。

  3) 电影院很少发放赠票。

  4) 票房收入在上升,越来越多的人愿意出来看电影。

  5) 在大多数节假日里,与你喜欢的人一起看场电影已经成为了一种习惯。

  Ⅳ.对话篇

  Molly : Pardon me, Gordon, do you still have a friend who is an usher at the cinema?

  莫莉:不好意思,戈登,你还有个朋友在电影院里当引座员吗?

  Gordon: Yes I do, he is a great guy.

  戈登:有,他可是个不错的家伙。

  Molly : Can he get us complimentary tickets?

  莫莉:他能不能帮我们搞到赠票?

  Gordon: Only if he is working at the box office tonight.

  戈登:除非他今天晚上卖票。

  Molly : Maybe he can get us some complimentary food too.

  莫莉:也许他还帮我们搞到些免费吃的。

  Gordon: Don’t push your luck.

  戈登:得了,别太贪得无厌了。

  Molly : I am sorry, what does, "don’t push your luck mean?"

  莫莉:对不起,什么叫“见好就收”呀?

  Gordon: It means don’t ask for too much. Food is the cinema’s cash crop, so he can’t give it away for free. Understand?

  戈登:意思就是说别指望的太多。吃的可是电影院主要的收入来源,所以他不可能给我们免费食物,懂么?

  Molly : I understand. Owning a movie theatre is big business.

  莫莉:我懂了。经营一家电影院可是个大买卖。

  Gordon: If my friend was the CEO, I am sure he could help us, but he is only a low-level usher.

  戈登:如果我的朋友是电影院的首席执行官,那他肯定能帮我们,但他只是个小小的引座员。

  Molly : Complimentary tickets are fine. I’ll take what I can get.

  莫莉:能得到票就已经不错了,我知足了。

  只有英语专业的学生才能懂的7件事

  7 Things only an English Major Will Understand

  1.A complete silence is much appreciated.

  完全沉默是非常必要的

  English majors need enough time to think about what they’re reading. They need to hear their own thoughts. They often choose to read in silence. You might see them in the library hunched over a desk full of books, or maybe even sleeping on an opened text. They love thinking, but libraries can be so peaceful, it’s hard not to think of a little snooze.

  英语专业需要足够多的时间去思考他们读到的是什么。他们需要倾听自己的思想。通常他们都会选择在沉默中阅读。也许你看见他们头埋在堆满书的图书馆桌子上,或者你看见的是他们趴在打开的一本书上睡着了。他们喜欢思考,但是图书馆太安静了,不打瞌睡都很困难。

  2.Libraries and coffee shops are the best spots.

  图书馆和咖啡店是最好的地方

  Rather than wasting time playing games, or partying the whole night away at a bar, English majors would rather go to libraries or coffee shops to read (and get another does of caffeine).

  与其把时间用来打游戏,或者整晚的泡在酒吧,英语专业的孩子更愿意去图书馆或者咖啡店阅读。

  3.Over-thinking is a habit.

  深入思考是一种习惯

  Because of their experience with analytic linguistics, English majors tend to over-analyze behaviors of people, to the point that it becomes habitual.

  因为他们有分析语言的经历,英语专业的学生更容易过度的去分析人们的行为,最后变成一种习惯。

  4.Handling 120% pressure is quite a norm.

  处理120%的压力也相当正常

  Writing a 15-page analysis about their professor’s movie, hundreds of impromptu speeches, reading a 150-page literature book are quite normal for them. They are still able to make it with less time. It’s like that saying, practice makes perfect.

  写出电影的15页分析,成百上千字的即席演讲,读150页的文学作品,这些对于他们来说都太正常了。他们还能用更少的时间完成。就像古语说熟能生巧一样。

  5.William Shakespeare and Jane Austen are their peers.

  莎士比亚和简 奥斯丁是他们的小伙伴

  Because they delve so deeply into Shakespeare’s sonnets and plays, or Austen’s “Pride and Prejudice”, the student feels like the know the actual person. Thus, they consider them their peer.

  因为他们如此深入地研究莎士比亚十四行诗,戏剧以及简奥斯丁的《傲慢与偏见》,学生就会有似乎真的认识这个人的感觉。所以他们讲其视为他们的小伙伴。

  6.Watching professors’ favorite movie is a hobby.

  看教授们喜欢的电影是一种兴趣

  This is admittedly true. So, when you want to have a good grade, knowing their professor’s favorite movie is the best thing they should do. This sounds funny but it is true.

  诚然如此,所以你想要成为一个优等生的时候,知道教授最喜欢的电影就是英语专业的学生最应该做的事。听起来有些有趣但事实就是这样。

  7.Feeling discomfort to sell a book is usual.

  卖书的时候觉得不开心也是平常事

  Their subjects are just interconnected. So, they don’t want to sell their good old book unless they are done with university studies.

  他们的东西都是有一定共性的。所以他们不愿意将自己那些旧的有用的书卖掉,除非他们的大学生活结束。

  【原创文章,转载请注明出处】

  商务英语活学活用 Resumes and CVs(1)

  Ⅰ.核心学习:Resumes and CVs! 简历

  Michael: Nice to see you again?

  迈克尔:再次见到你很高兴。

  Billy: Ditto.

  比利:我也是。

  Michael: What are we going to learn today?

  迈克尔:今天我们将学些什么呢?

  Billy: This time we will learn more about how to write the perfect resume or CV. We will build on what we learned last week and finish up the part 2 interview dialogue that focuses on an applicant’s CV.

  比利:这周我们将了解如何撰写完美的简历或履历。我们将在上周学习的基础上,完成面试对话的第二部分,集中申请者的简历或履历上。

  Ⅱ.单词简析

  1) Innovative : creative and new, fresh ideas

  创新性的

  ex:Blair’s company is a quite productive and innovative one.

  布莱尔的公司是一个很有成效并富于创造力的公司。

  2) Objectives : goals, plans for the future

  目标

  ex:Your best bet is to write your job objectives on your CV.

  你最好在简历中写上你的工作目标。

  3) Recognized : seen and known, easily familiar with

  获得承认的

  ex:IBM is a recognized leader in computer technology.

  IBM 是电脑界中公认的领头人。

  4) Reference : a person above you, that will say you are a good worker

  推荐人

  ex:Here is a list of my references, please contact them if you have any questions.

  这里列的是我的一些推荐人,如果你想知道什么,可以与他们联系。

  5) Related Interests : hobbies that have some relationship to your job

  兴趣爱好

  ex:My related interests include photography, geography and learning new languages.

  我的兴趣爱好包括摄影,地理和学习新的语言。

  Ⅲ.课文篇

  Set Up An Interview: choose a place and time for the interview.

  确定面试:选择面试的时间地点

  Can we set up an interview for next Friday?

  我们可以在下周五安排一个面试吗?

  STEP ONE: NAME, ADDRESS, and PHONE

  First, learn how to write your home address in English. Then, at the top of the paper, in the center, write your ENGLISH name first, as foreign interviewers are much more likely to remember an English name, and a resume’s main purpose to get you RECOGNIZED. Under your name, write your address, your date of birth (DOB), Facsimile number (Fax), and most importantly, your Telephone number (Tel). Nine out of ten employers will contact you by telephone to set up an interview.

  第一步:姓名,住址和电话号码首先,让我们来学习如何用英语来写你的联系住址,然后,在纸张上方的.正中间写上你的英文名字,这样如果面试者是一个外国人的话,就很容易记住你的英文名字。一封简历的主要目的就是为了让面试者记住你。在名字的下方写下你的联系地址,出生日期(DOB),传真号码(Fax)最重要的是,你的电话号码(Tel)。这样的话,十有八九你所申请的公司会通过电话联系你,确定对你进行面试。

  STEP TWO: Write THREE CLEAR OBJECTIVES --what are your goals? What kind of job are you searching for? (write three different sentences) Show the three sentences to two smart and honest friends. Then, all together, choose what you think is the best sentence to be your objective.

  第二步:写上三个明确的工作目标--你的目标是什么?你想寻求什么 样的工作?(写三个不同的句子)在写好这三句话后,找两个你的聪明而忠诚的朋友看看,听听他们的意见。最后,在参考了他们的意见后,选出你认为最好的一句作为你的工作目标。

  STEP THREE: list, BY DATE, your schools of EDUCATION and the DEGREES you earned there. It is important to list them BEGINNING with the MOST RECENT and then move backward. If your highest degree is a MASTERS DEGREE, you want to write that first. Along with each school you attended, you should write a short sentence describing some special activities of your education.

  第三步:按照时间的先后顺序,列出你所上过的学校和名字和你所获得的学位名称。重要的一点是,应该把你最后上的学校列在最前面,然后按照倒序列出你的学校和学位。如果你所获得的最高学位是硕士,你肯定希望把它列在最前面。在学校名后,你应用一句话,简单描述一下你在该校所学的专业。

  STEP FOUR: List by date, your last THREE productive work experiences under the title WORK EXPERIENCE. It is important to list the LATEST job FIRST, as your salary will be decided by your last salary, $$$$$, and you have worked hard to move up in the world. With each job title you have held, it is beneficial (helpful) to write a short sentence describing the work you did.

  第四步:在工作经历的标题下方,按照时间的先后顺序,列出你最近作过的三个卓有成效的工作。把你所做过的最后的工作列在前面很重要,因为你的薪金$$$$将会由你最近的工作的薪金决定,而且你也努力工作获得晋升。在你的每个工作职衔后面,用一句简短的话描述你所做过的工作。举例如下:

  STEP FIVE: List a few RELATED INTERESTS that you have that are in some way connected to your occupation. This is a great place to SHOW OFF (boast) about any special computer skills, language skills, college awards, great test scores, or related hobbies. Remember to list any LOCAL LANGUAGES OR DIALECTS YOU MAY KNOW.

  第五步:列出几个你认为在某种程度上与你的职业相关的兴趣爱好。这是一个显示你所掌握的独特的电脑技术,语言技巧,在校所获得的奖励,优秀的考试成绩或相关的爱好的绝妙的机会。别忘了列出任何你所掌握的当地语言或方言。

  STEP SIX: Get a friend to EDIT your RESUME or CV. Then have her/him use your resume to ask you specific questions about your personal history.

  第六步:请一位朋友来对你已写好的简历或履历进行修改。然后请他/她就你的简历上的内容,问你一些有关你的个人经历的问题。这些问题将会让对真正的公司面试时所问的问题有所准备。

  STEP SEVEN: Attach a list or REFERENCES to every RESUME OR CV. A REFERENCE is a person above you (for example, your boss or one of your college teachers) who is willing to say you are a good worker or student and recommend you to the company. FIRST ask your teacher or old boss if it is okay for you to use them as a reference. Then, at the end of the RESUME, list their names, occupations, addresses, special achievements and phone numbers.

  第七步:在每份简历或履历上都附上推荐人的姓名职务。推荐人是一个比你的职务高(如你的前任老板或大学老师)愿意赞扬你的工作表现并乐意向这个公司推荐你的人。首先,征询你的老师或前任老板的意见,看看他们是否愿意为你写推荐信。然后,在简历的最后,列出他们的姓名,职务,联系地址,杰出的工作成就和电话号码。

  STEP EIGHT: SMILE, because you are on your way to the job of your dreams.

  第八步:对自己笑一笑,因为你正在一步步朝着实现自己梦想的工作前进!