my background and goals seem to match your requirements well. some time ginen,i should have it much better. i am attaching my resume and some writing samples so you may appreciate what i am already able to do, and how much more i should learn to become a full-fledged communications professional. i would greatly appreciate the opportunity to meet with you to discuss how my possible internship with uniglobal could benefit both your company and myself . i can be reached at 15153204617.
In employers’ eyes, a job hunter’s resume is worth 30 points and the cover letter is worth 20 points. So writing good cover letters is almost as important as writing resumes.
When you prepare to write a cover or application letter, you could refer to the following checklist.
I. Attention(Opening Paragraph)
A. Capture the reader’s attention in a businesslike way. Choose an option:
1. Summary opening. Present your strongest, most relevant qualifications, with an explanation of how they can benefit the organization.
2. Name opening. Mention the name of a person who is well known to the reader and who has suggested that you apply for the job.
3. Source opening. When responding to a job ad, identify the publication in which the ad appeared, and briefly describe how you meet each requirement stated in the ad.
4. Question opening. Pose an attention-getting question that shows you understand an organization’s problem, need, or goal and have a genuine desire to help solve or meet it.
5. News opening. Cite a publicized organizational achievement, contemplated change, or new procedure or product; then link it to your desire to work for the organization.
6. Personalized opening. Present one of your relevant interests, mention previous experience with the organization, or cite your present position or status as a means of leading up to a discussion of why you want to work for the organization.
7. Creative opening. Demonstrate your flair and imagination with colorful phrasing, especially if the job requires these qualities.
B. State that you are applying for a job, and identify the position or type of work you seek.
II. Interest and Desire or Evidence of Qualifications (next several paragraphs )
Present your key qualifications for the job, highlighting what is on your resume: job-related education and training; relevant work experience and related activities, interests, and qualities.
A. Adopt a mature and businesslike tone.
1. Eliminate boasting and exaggeration.
2. Back up your claims of ability by citing specific achievements in educational and work settings or in outside activities.
3. Demonstrate a knowledge of the organization and desire to join it by citing its operations or trends in the industry.
B. Link your education, experience, and personal qualities to the job requirements.
1. Relate aspects of your training or work experience to those of the target position.
2. Outline your educational preparation for the job.
3. Provide proof that you can learn quickly, are a hard worker, can handle responsibility, and / or get along well with others.
4. Present ample evidence of the personal qualities and the work attitudes that are desirable for job performance.
III. Action(closing paragraph)
1. Request an interview at the reader’s convenience.
2. State your phone number(with area code)and the best time to reach you, to make the interview request easy to comply with8), or mention a time when you will be calling to set up an interview.
3. Express appreciation for an opportunity to have an interview.
4. Repeat your strongest qualification, to help reinforce the claim that you have something to offer the organization.
dear ms. swainsforth:
i am a registered engineer in the state of michigan, and i am presently seeking a position in the roofing industry. a copy of my resume is enclosed, and i would like to talk with you should you have an appropriate opportunity for me at kelco corporation.
my most recent assignment was to manage projects at forte products company to develop products for the commercial roofing industry. part of my responsibility was to provide technical support to sales people, when they had questions of a technical nature from their engineering or architectural customers.
i have experience in quality assurance and the application of control charting to a large insulation line at forte products. this resulted in a 23% reduction in scrap and a 76% reduction in customer complaints.
i am seeking a position as a team leader or manager in product or process development, or in quality assurance. my compensation requirements are in the $65,000 to $70,000 range, and i am open to relocation.
i would welcome the opportunity to talk with you and discuss the technical contributions i could make to the kelco corporation, especially in the development of exciting new roofing products.
thank you for reviewing my credentials, and i look forward to hearing from you shortly.
Today,I am writing to apply for the application engineer of your company,below i will give you some general information about myself.
I graduated from**** university in 20xx, and got a MBA degree,
In my campus life, i have received the most excelent award three times,i have served in the colleague baskball team and as monitor for about two years.and in my spare time , i also love reading ,everyday even i am very busy,i will spare at least one hour to read my favoriate book.
Through search ,and i know that your is a famous company with excelent management ,so if i have the opportunity to work in the company ,i believe that i will be able to full develop my abilities and obtain strong knowledge ,and the same time i will make valueable contribution to your company.
So look forward your reply.thank youKumwing Ho
Dear Sir or Madam:
With reference to your letter on Dec。23rd，i'd like to ，first of all，convey my deepest appreciation to your offering me the position of manager assistant in your company。And i am more than delighted and honored to gain your trust and assignment。
However，i have to decline this unexpected offer whih all unwillingness， which mainly results from an abrupt change in my schedule。 when i applied for the position a week ago ， i aslo sent an application to cloumbia University， for i hadn't yet made up my nind whether to start work afger graduation this month 。 What a coincidence ! i got the adminttance to the graduate school of English literrature in Columbia University the same day i received your letter。 Weighing the pros and cons for an entire night ，i determine to seize the changce for further study abroad。
With my earnest apology， i do hop you can pay me due understanding and forgiveness for turning down your offer。 in closing ，may your company have great prospects and enjoy extensive popularity。
感谢您在百忙中浏览我这份自荐信，给一个即将毕业的大学生一个机会，在次我对此表示深深的感谢！ 首先请允许我做自我介绍，我的名字叫程XX，是南华理工大学20xx届外贸英语 专业的毕业生，获知贵单位广纳贤才，我幕名而至，真诚的渴望加入，为贵单位的明天添砖加瓦，更愿为此奉献自己的劳动和智慧。
秉着对知识的渴望，对 英语 学习的执著，在校期间我认真学习专业知识，并通过了大学 英语 四六级 考试 ，还通过了全国非计算机专业计算机 考试 二级。在班上任组织委员一职，组织过班级体郊游、班内趣味运动会等活动，当然这些都是小事情，但这个机会培养了我很好的组织能力与协调能力。在课外我积极参加学校的`各种活动，曾代表我专业在知识竞赛中取得一等奖，同时我还参与到社会实践中，在校期间曾作过家教一职，也曾在网吧担任过管事一职，还为诺亚舟电子辞典作过市场调研，通过这些社会实践我学
到了很多课堂上学不到的知识，对社会有一定的了解和认识。07年夏天到深圳同学公司打工，对外贸事物的运行和操作有了亲身的经历，我想这是最珍贵的经验。本人平时爱好广泛，喜爱音乐，运动，会弹吉他，在校期间还代表我专业参加了足球比赛。同时对军事与政治颇为关注，经常买关于军事和政治方面的报纸杂志研读，对当今世界的电子产品消费也有一定的关注。伴随着青春的激情和求知的欲望，我即将走完四年的求知之旅，美好的大学生活，培养了我科学严谨的思维方法。更造就了我积极乐观的生活态度和开拓进取的创新意识。课堂内外的社会实践、扎实的基础知识和开阔的视野，使我更了解社会；在不断的学习工作中养成的严谨、踏实的工作作风和团结协作的优秀品质，使我深信自己完全可以在岗位上守业、敬业、更能 创业 ！乐慧眼，开始我千里之行。疾风知劲草，路遥知马力。古有毛遂自荐 ，今有伯乐点将。愿借您伯有待于您通过“使用”来证明。