我要投稿 投诉建议

商务英语活学活用:做个好经理

时间:2021-02-27 14:55:51 商务英语 我要投稿

商务英语活学活用:做个好经理


商务英语活学活用:做个好经理

  Ⅰ.核心学习:Being a Good Manager 做个好经理

  Michael: Hey Billy - who is the new guy going into the CFO’s office?

  迈克尔:嘿,比利-走进首席财务官办公室那个新来的家伙是谁?

  Billy: Why are you whispering, Michael?

  比利:你为什么小声说话,迈克尔?

  Michael: I don’t want anyone to hear me. Do you know who the suit is?

  迈克尔:我不想让别人听到。你知道那个经理是谁吗?

  Billy: I think he might be our new manager!

  比利:我觉得他可能是我们的新经理!

  Michael: You mean we are getting a new head-honcho?

  迈克尔:你是说我们要有一个新工头?

  Billy: Maybe. He looks like the management type.

  比利:可能。他看起来像那种管理类型的。

  Michael: Do you think I look like potential management?

  迈克尔:你觉得我看起来像是潜在的管理人员吗?

  Billy: I think you look OK, but do you know what it takes to be a good manager?

  比利:我觉得你看起来还行,不过你知道要做一个好的经理人需要什么吗?

  Michael: Not really, but I get the feeling that you are about to tell me.

  迈克尔:不太清楚,不过我觉得你就要告诉我了。

  Ⅱ.单词简析

  1) CFO: Chief Financial Officer

  CFO:首席财务官

  ex:A company’s CFO is usually responsible for all of the financial aspects of running the organization.

  公司的首席财务官通常负责公司运作财务方面的所有事情。

  2) Suit: sometimes used to mean a manager as opposed to technical or professional staff

  经理:有时候用来指经理,而不是技术或专业人员

  ex:When I worked in an advertising agency, the suits always looked down on the creative staff.

  当我在一家广告公司工作的时候,经理老是瞧不起有创意的员工。

  3) Head-honcho: the boss, your manager

  工头:老板,你的经理

  ex:It’s probably not a good idea to let your manager hear you calling them the head-honcho!

  让你的经理听见你叫他们工头大概不是什么好主意!

  4) Potential: something that might happen

  潜在的:可能发生的事情

  ex:I have the potential to be an Olympic athlete, but I am just too lazy to do any training.

  我有成为奥林匹克运动员的潜能,不过我就是太懒了,什么训练也没参加。

  Ⅲ.课文篇

  The first step to being a successful manager by admitting you don’t have all the answers. Your co-workers know that you can’t solve all the problems by yourself, so they will be watching to see what you do.

  要做一个成功的经理人第一步就要承认你不是全能。你的同事知道你自己不能解决所有的问题,因此他们会留意你做的事情。

  Top management at your company also knows you won’t have the answers and are looking to see how you find them. Be yourself and remember that your failures will be forgiven if you are honest and tried to do the right thing.

  公司的高层管理人也知道你不是知道所有问题的答案,他们看你如何发现它们。做你自己,记住你的失误会得到谅解的,只要你是诚实的,而且你本想做正确的事情。

  - Stay focused. Your job is to manage the department, not become friends with your employees or do their jobs if they can’t. Make sure you have a clear job description and then sit down with your supervisor and find out exactly what expectations he or she has for you.

  -工作专注。你的工作是管理某个部门,而不是去成为雇员的朋友或者如果他们不行的话就去做他们的工作。确保你有一份明确的工作描述,然后和你的上司坐下来,弄清楚他/她对你有什么期望。

  - Go through the job description line by line. Prioritize the tasks and find out what any vague wording exactly means. Then it is the time to ask questions and to point out any tasks that you feel aren’t under your control.

  逐字仔细阅读工作描述。把各项工作的优先次序区别开来,然后弄懂那些模糊的措辞确切指的是什么。接下来的时间是提问题,并把你认为不是你的管辖范围内的工作指出来。

  - Involve your staff. Chances are your older employees have seen it all. They will be able to tell you what’s a potential problem and what isn’t. If you’re asked to solve a problem, go to them for advice before you try to come up with anything on your own.

  请教你的员工。老员工经历过所有的事情。他们能告诉你什么是潜在的问题,什么不是。如果有人要你去解决一个问题,在自己设法想出任何法子之前先去听听他们的高见。

  - Don’t make massive changes all at once. New managers frequently want to come in and totally redesign processes and systems to show how smart they are. There may be some necessary but for the first few months, keep things the way they are. Chances are the systems and processes have a history and have good reasons for being in place. If there are major areas you could change right away, you’ll still look like a more thoughtful manager if you ask for advice and get input from others, then propose a change in a reasonable timeframe.

  不要一下子做出大幅度的改动。新上任的经理通常想一步到位,并重新制定所有的方法和制度,以炫耀他们有多聪明。改动也许有必要,不过不是在最初的几个月里,刚开始时要保留原来的东西。那些制度和方法有一段历史了,它们有它们存在的好理由。若是你可以马上进行大幅度改动,那么先征询建议并听取别人的意见,然后在一个合适的时间提出改动,这样你更像个考虑周到的经理。

  - Be a good communicator. Employees respect a manager who tells them what they did wrong without laying blame - you’ll go far with your employees if you admit a mistake you made before you talk to them about mistakes they’ve made. Employees also look for a leader who knows when to pass on important company information, when to go to the next level with a concern, and when to crack down on the rumor mill.

  进行良好的沟通。雇员敬重那些告诉他们做错了什么,而没有去指责他们的经理-如果你在对雇员说他们犯了什么错误之前先承认你犯了一个错误,雇员会更加敬重你。雇员还希望领导知道什么时候传达公司的重要信息,惦记什么时候去找上一级领导,以及什么时候进行辟谣。

  Remember, your job is to facilitate the work of your employees,but not to do it for them!

  记住:你的工作是使雇员的工作更容易,而不是为他们做事!

  Ⅳ.对话篇

  Jeff: Did you meet the new manager yesterday?

  杰夫:昨天你看到新经理了吗?

  Joan: I did. She seems very nice.

  琼:看到了。她看起来很不错。

  Jeff: I hope that she won’t make too many changes around here though.

  杰夫:不过我希望她不要把这里的东西改动得太多。

  Joan: Don’t you like change?

  琼:你不喜欢改变吗?

  Jeff: Change can be OK, but I am just getting used to the way that the current systems work.

  杰夫:改变是可以的,不过我就是习惯了现在这个制度的运作方式。

  Joan: Most new managers like to make some changes when they start.

  琼:大多数经理喜欢一上任就做一些改动。

  Jeff: I know. As long as I still have a job, I will be happy.

  杰夫:我知道。只要我还有一份工作我就高兴了。

  Joan: Maybe the first change will be to show you to the door Jeff!

  琼:也许第一个改动就是把你给开了,杰夫!

  学商务英语必背词汇宝典(7)

  121、自然垄断(Natural monopoly)

  自然垄断是指这样一种行业,在此行业中,在产量大到足以满足全部市场的情况下商品的平均成本达到最小,因此不可能存在竞争,仅有的一个厂商就成为垄断者。

  122、净现值规则(Net-Present-Value Rule)

  净现值规则要求厂商应该从事净现值为正的投资项目。投资的净现值是投资未来现金流的现值减去投资的成本。

  123、不可分散的风险(Nondiversifiable risk)

  不可分散的风险是指不能通过多样化来减小的风险。

  124、非价格竞争(Nonprice competition)

  由研究开发和风格的变化使商品特征的各种改变,以及厂商间的广告与其他营销手段来进行的竞争,都是非价格竞争。

  125、正常商品(Normal goods)

  需求量随消费者的实际收入上升而增加的商品称为正常商品。

  126、寡头垄断(Oligopoly)

  寡头垄断是指这样一种市场形态,在其中只有少数卖者,商品可以是同质的也可以是有差别的。例如,计算机和石油市场就是这样的。

  127、买方寡头垄断(Oligopsony)

  买方寡头垄断是指只有少数买者的市场形态。

  128、机会成本(Opportunity cost)

  如果以最好的另一种方式利用某种资源,它所能生产出来的价值为机会成本,也称为选择成本。

  129、最优投人品组合(Optimal input combination)

  如果投入品组合是经济上有效率的或者使得利润最大化(也就是说,从利润最大化的厂商的角度出发是最优的)或者两者兼而有之,这一组合就是最优投入品组合。

  130、序数效用(Ordinal utility)

  在序数的意义上可以度量的效用是序数效用,这表明一个消费者只能根据各种市场篮子给他带来的满足来给这些市场篮子排序。

  131、帕累托标准(Pareto criterion)

  帕累托标准是确定一种改变是否是一种改进的标准,根据这一标准,不损害任何人而能使大多数人(在他们看来)变得更好的改变才是一种改进。

  132、局部均衡分析(Partial equilibrium analysis)

  局部均衡分析是指这样一种分析,(与一般均衡分析相反)它假设一个市场上的价格改变时不会导致其他市场的价格发生明显的变化。

  133、货币收益(Pecuniary benefits)

  由于经济对一个项目的调整引起的相对价格的变化带来的收益(用以与增加社会福利的真实收益相区别)。

  134、完全竞争(Perfect Competition)

  完全竞争是这样一种市场结构,在其中同质的商品有很多卖者,没有一个卖者或买者能控制价格,进入很容易并且资源可以随时从一个使用者转向另一个使用者。例如,许多农产品市场就具有完全竞争市场这些特征。

  135、不可兑换的公司债券(Perpetuity)

  不可兑换的公司债券是指永远支付一个固定年息的债券。

  136、掠夺性定价(Predatory pricing)

  掠夺性定价是指为了把竞争性厂商从行业中赶走从而制定一个低价的做法。

  137、现值(Present value)

  现值是现在和将来(或过去)的一笔支付或支付流在今天的价值。

  138、最高限价(Price ceiling)

  最高限价是指政府对某种商品所规定的最高价格。例如,纽约市的租金控制就规定了房租的上限。

  139、价格--消费曲线(Price-consumption curve)

  价格--消费线是把与在一种商品的各种价格下消费者所选择的市场篮子相对应的各个均衡点连接而成的一条曲线。

  140、价格歧视(Price discrimination)

  价格歧视是指这样一种做法,出售同一种商品,厂商向一个买者索取的价格高于其他的买者。

  学商务英语必背词汇宝典(6)

  101、市场(Market)

  市场是指为了买和卖某些商品而与其他厂商和个人相联系的一群厂商和个人。

  102、市场需求曲线(Market demand curve)

  市场需求曲线表示在整个市场中产品的价格和它的需求量之间的关系。

  103、市场周期(Market period)

  市场周期是指一种商品的供给量保持不变的一段时期。

  104、市场结构(Market structure)

  四种一般的市场类型是完全竞争、垄断、垄断竞争和寡头垄断。一个市场的结构依赖于买者和卖者的数量以及产品差别的大小。

  105、市场供给表(Market supply schedule)

  市场供给表表示在各种价格下一种商品所能够供给的数量。

  106、加成定价(Markup pricing)

  加成定价是指,为了确定一种产品的价格而把一个百分比(或绝对的.)数量加到所估计的产品平均(或边际的)成本上,这就意味着该数量要计入某些无法化归任何具体产品中去的成本,并且旨在维持厂商的某一投资回报率。

  107、最大最小策略(Maximin strategy)

  最大最小策略是指局中人使得能够获得的最小收益最大化的策略。

  108、微观经济学(Microeconomics)

  微观经济学是经济学的一部分,它分析像消费者、厂商和资源所有者这些个体的经济行为(宏观经济学与之相反,它分析像国内总产品这样的经济总体行为)。

  109、工厂的最小有效规模(Minimum efficient size of plant)

  在长期中平均成本处于或接近其最小值的最小的工厂规模。

  110、模型(Model)

  模型是指以对现实进行简化和抽象的假设为基础的理论,根据它可以引申出对现实世界的预测或结论。

  111、货币收人(Money income)

  货币收入是指用每个时期的实际美元数量度量的消费者的收入。

  112、垄断竞争(Monopolistic competition)

  垄断竞争是指这样一种市场结构,在该市场中有很多有差别产品的卖者,进入很容易并且厂商之间没有勾结行为。

  113、垄断(Monopoly)

  垄断是指一种产品只有一个卖者的市场结构。公共事业通常就是这样的情形。

  114、买方垄断(Monopsony)

  买方垄断是指一种产品只有一个买者的市场结构。雇用一个工业城镇的全部劳动力的厂商就是一个例子。

  115、道德风险(Moral hazard)

  道德风险是指,在购买了保险之后一个人或厂商的行为发生变化以致增加了保险公司承担的盗窃、火灾和其他损失发生的概率。

  16、跨国公司(Multinational firm)

  跨国公司是指在其他国家投资并且在国外生产和销售产品的厂商。

  117、多厂垄断(Multiplant monopoly)

  多厂垄断是指拥有和经营不止一个工厂并且要决定每个工厂产量的一个厂商。

  118、多产品厂商(Multiproduct firm)

  多产品厂商是指生产不止一种产品的厂商。例如,杜邦公司生产化工、石油等方面的种类繁多的产品。

  119、共同基金(Mutual fund)

  共同基金是把大量投资者和雇员的钱集中在一起,从而购买各个厂商的股票。

  120、纳什均衡(Nash equilibrium)

  纳什均衡是指博弈论中的一种均衡,如果给出每个其他局中人的策略,在此均衡下,所有局中人都没有理由改变他自己的策略。

  机械英汉双语词汇学习 272

  terms of exchange 换地条款

  terms of reference 职权范围

  terms of tenancy 租赁条款;租约条款

  terrace 平台;露台;台阶

  terrace house 排列连接式屋宇

  terrace wall 梯状档土墙

  terraced platform 梯状平台

  terraced seating 梯台座位

  terraced slope 梯状斜坡

  terrain 地形

  terrain evaluation 地形评估

  terrain evaluation mapping 地形评估勘测

  terrazzo 水磨终饰;水磨批荡;意大利批荡

  terrazzo tile 水磨石砖

  terrestrial 陆相的;地球的

  terrestrial photogrammetry 地面摄影测量

  Territorial Development Strategy [TDS] 全港发展策略

  Territory Development Department 拓展署

  Territory-wide Joint Committee to Fight for Abolition of Housing Subsidy Policy 全港争取撤销富户政策联席

  Territory-wide Joint Committee to Request for Abolition of Housing Subsidy Policy 全港要求撤销富户政策联委会

  tertiary stratum 第三系地层

  tertiary treatment [sewage] 三级处理〔污水〕

  test cube 立方体试块;混凝土试力砖

  商务英语活学活用 盗版软件(1)

  Ⅰ.核心学习:Pirate Software 盗版软件

  Michael: Hey Billy. You look really frustrated this morning.

  迈克尔:嘿,比利,今天上午你看起来很沮丧。

  Billy: I think my computer must have a virus.

  比利:我觉得我的电脑肯定有病毒。

  Michael: Why do you say that?

  迈克尔:你为什么这么说?

  Billy: Well, I have just tried to install some new software, but now my computer won’t work properly.

  比利:唔,我刚才想装一些新软件,但是现在我的电脑不能正常工作了。

  Michael: Why didn’t you ask the propeller-heads to put the new program on the PC for you?

  迈克尔:你为什么不让技术人员帮你往电脑里装新程序?

  Billy: Because it’s not really related to work. They will get mad at me.

  比利:因为它与工作没有什么联系。他们会对我发脾气的。

  Michael: So where did you get the software?

  迈克尔:那你从哪儿得到这些软件?

  Billy: It was really cheap. I bought it from some guy on the street.

  比利:它很便宜。我从街上的一些人那里买的。

  Michael: It is probably pirated software.

  迈克尔:它可能是盗版软件。

  Billy: Can you teach me all about pirated software so that my computer will work correctly again?

  比利:你能教我所有有关盗版软件的知识吗,好让我的电脑再次正常工作。

  Michael: Listen carefully.

  迈克尔:仔细听好了。

  Ⅱ.单词简析

  1) Frustrated: discouraged, angry because you can’t do something

  使人沮丧的,灰心的:因为你不能做某事而气馁、生气

  ex:I always wanted to be like Michael Jordan, but I am very short so I was frustrated.

  我老想像迈克尔·乔丹那样,不过我很矮,因此我很沮丧。

  2) Virus: software designed to cause a problem with your computer

  病毒:为了使电脑出毛病而设计的软件

  ex:Although there are many types of computer virus these days, if you use good anti-virus software, you will be well protected.

  尽管目前计算机病毒多种多样,不过如果你使用好的防毒软件,你就会得到很好的保护。

  3) Propeller-heads: technical staff who usually work in Information Technology

  技术人员:通常在IT部门工作的技术人员

  ex:Propeller-heads used to be dorks and nerds, but today they are seen as being really cool (by some people!).

  以前技术人员是书呆子,不过现在他们看起来很酷(在某些人看来!)。

  4) Pirated software: software that has been copied from the original

  盗版软件:从原版拷贝来的软件

  ex:If you use or buy pirated software, you are breaking the law - there is no good excuse for using pirated software.

  如果你使用或购买盗版软件,你就违反了法律-没有好理由去使用盗版软件。

  Ⅲ.课文篇

  Forty years ago, no one could have imagined the impact that computers would have on the world. Indeed Thomas J Watson, Chairman of the Board of IBM said in the 1950s that he thought "there was a world market for about only five computers." With more than 700 million computers on earth today, Mr Watson was clearly wrong.

  四十年前,没有人能想象计算机会给世界带来(如此大)的冲击。确实是这样,IBM (美国国际商用机器公司)的总裁,托马斯·J·华特森在五十年代说过他认为“计算机的世界市场大约只有五台”。今天地球上拥有7亿台计算机,很显然,华特森先生错了。

  As most people know, you need hardware and software to make a computer work. Hardware includes the computer screen, the mouse, keyboard and of course the central processing unit that does all of the hard work for you.

  正如大多数人所了解的,要想让一台计算机工作,你需要有硬件和软件。硬件包括计算机屏幕、鼠标、键盘,当然还有为你做所有艰苦工作的CUP(中央处理器)。

  Software includes the computer’s operating system, games and office productivity software (like PowerPoint or Word). Software is a form of intellectual property and is entitled to just as much protection as real property like your car or your home.

  软件包括计算机的操作系统、游戏以及办公软件(如PowerPoint 或者 Word )。软件是知识产权的一种形式,而且应该受到和你的不动产,如汽车或者房子等一样的保护。

  Nobody would say that to steal hardware was OK, but millions of people around the world think that it is perfectly acceptable to steal software by copying it. Copying software and giving it away or selling it is stealing and therefore wrong.

  没有人会说偷硬件是可行的,不过世界上数百万人认为以拷贝的方式来偷软件是完全可以接受的。拷贝软件送给别人或者销售出去都是偷窃行为,因此这是错误的。

  Software can be expensive - often more than you can afford - but that is no reason to think it is OK to steal it or buy a pirated copy. Mercedes Benz cars are also expensive, but I cannot just go out and help myself to one just because I want one.

  软件可能很昂贵-通常超出你的支付能力-但是没有理由认为偷窃或购买盗版是可行的。奔驰车也很贵,可是不能仅仅因为想要一辆就可以出去自己解决。

  Software is expensive to develop. If developers cannot make money by selling their software, how will they fund the development of new software to make our lives even easier?

  开发软件很贵。如果开发商不能通过销售他们的软件来挣钱,他们又怎么能投资开发新软件,以使我们的生活变得更轻松?

  Ⅳ.对话篇

  Jeff: What are you doing after work today, Joan?

  杰夫:今天下班之后你要做什么,琼?

  Joan: I’m going shopping for 20 blank CDs.

  琼:我要去买20张空白CD。

  Jeff: Why do you need so many blank CDs Joan?

  杰夫:你为什么需要那么多空白CD,琼?

  Joan: My friend has some cool software that he will copy onto the blanks CDs for me.

  琼:我的朋友有一些很酷的软件,他要拷贝到空白CD送给我。

  Jeff: But that’s stealing!

  杰夫:可那是偷窃!

  Joan: I don’t think so. My friend already paid for the software. What’s the harm in making a few copies?

  琼:我不这么认为。我的朋友已经掏钱买那些软件了。拷贝一些新的有什么大碍?

  Jeff: Well, you already paid for your car, so I think I might steal it this afternoon. Is that OK with you?

  杰夫:唔,你已经买了你的车,因此我想今天下午我可能要去偷它。这么做你同意吗?

  Joan: No way! That’s my car!

  琼:没门!那可是我的车!

  Jeff: So don’t steal software, Joan!

  杰夫:那就别偷软件,琼!

  商务英语活学活用 公司图书馆(1)

  Ⅰ.核心学习:Company Library 公司图书馆

  Michael: Billy! Wait for me! I need your guidance about something.

  麦克尔:比利!等等我!我有件事需要你的指导。

  Billy: No problem, Michael. How can I help you?

  比利:没问题麦克尔。需要我帮什么忙?

  Michael: I need to do some research and was wondering where I should begin.

  麦克尔:我需要做一些调查,可不知道从哪里开始。

  Billy: The first place you should try is the company library.

  麦克尔:我们有图书馆?喔,我怎么会不知道?

  Michael: We have a library? Wow - how did I miss that?

  麦克尔:我们有图书馆?喔,我怎么会不知道?

  Billy: Maybe it’s because you never do any research for your projects.

  比利:也许是因为你从来没为你的项目做过任何调查。

  Michael: I usually use the Internet, but this time all of my searching comes up blank.

  麦克尔:我一般上网查资料,可这次我什么也没查到。

  Billy: Try the library - they have heaps of great materials that might help.

  比利:试试图书馆,他们有很多好资料,也许会有帮助。

  Michael: And maybe I can get the librarian to do my research for me!

  麦克尔:也许我可以让图书管理员替我做调查!

  Billy: You really are the laziest person I know, Michael.

  比利:你真是我见过的最懒的人,麦克尔。

  Ⅱ.单词简析

  1) Guidance: advice, direction got from someone

  指导:建议;从某人那获得的指导

  ex:My parents gave me good guidance when I was younger, and now I have a successful career.

  年轻的时候父母给了我很好的建议,现在我的事业很成功。

  2) Library: collection of written, audio and visual materials

  图书馆:收藏书面和录音录像资料的地方

  ex:Computers and the Internet have meant huge changes to the way that libraries look and function.

  电脑和网络意味着图书馆的形式和功能发生了巨大的转变。

  3) Periodical: publication that comes out two or four times per year

  期刊:每年发行两到四次的出版物

  ex:You can often get detailed corporate information from business periodicals.

  你经常能从商业期刊里获得详细的公司信息。

  4) Multinationals: a large company that operates in more than one country

  跨国公司:在多个国家开设业务的大公司。

  ex:The world’s best-known multinationals include McDonalds, Ford, Coke, IBM and Microsoft.

  世界上最有名的跨国公司有麦当劳、福特、可口可乐、IBM和微软。

  Ⅲ.课文篇

  A well-organized company knows the power and value of information. One of the main problems with information though, is how to collect, store and manage all of the information so that anyone needing it can access it easily.

  管理有序的公司知道信息的力量和价值。但与之相关的的主要问题之一是怎样收集、保存和管理所有的信息,以便任何有需要的人能够方便地查阅。

  Multinationals have understood this issue for many years and have well developed company libraries. Just like your university, school or city, a company library contains books, magazines, journals and periodicals as well as electronic documents, films, videos and audio materials.

  跨国公司意识到这个问题已经很多年了,已建立了完善的公司图书馆。正像你的大学、学校或城市里的图书馆一样,公司图书馆里存有图书、杂志、报纸和期刊,以及电子文件,电影、录像和录音资料。

  A company library does not have to be the same as a city or university library. You don’t need a special quiet room or even a full-time librarian. What is needed is someone responsible for gathering and storing interesting publications and a central place to store them.

  公司的图书馆没有必要跟城市或大学里的图书馆一样。你不需要有一间特别安静的房间,甚至不需要一个全职的图书管理员,只要有一个人专门负责收集和保存有趣的刊物,有一个集中的地方来收藏这些刊物就可以了。

  If you work in a large company, appointing a full-time librarian might be a good idea. A librarian’s job is to keep a current knowledge of all of the relevant and necessary publications that the company might need, manage the purchasing of materials and then oversee the storage of the publications. A good librarian will also be able to offer assistance to staff who need to use the company library to find research materials and information.

  如果你在一家大公司工作,做一个全职的图书管理员可能是个不错的主意。图书管理员的工作是要随时了解到公司可能需要的所有相关和必要刊物的最新消息,负责购买资料以及监督刊物的收藏情况。好的图书管理员还应该能够为需要公司图书馆查找研究资料和信息的员工提供帮助。

  Maintaining a company library is not cheap, but it does not have to be expensive, either. But consider the risk of not having a central well managed place where important publications can be stored - your competitors could well get the jump on you by having more up-to-date information that is accessible to staff.

  维持一个公司图书馆花费不少但也没必要投资太多。试想如果没有一个管理有序的集中收藏重要刊物的地方会带来的风险-你的竞争对手可能会因为能给员工提供更多的最新资讯而远远地超过你。

  Can you afford not to have a library?

  你能承担得起没有图书馆(的风险)吗?

  Ⅳ.对话篇

  Jeff: That’s an armful of books you have there, Joan.

  杰夫:琼,你那儿的书可真多。

  Joan: I got these from our company library.

  琼:我从我们公司图书馆借来的。

  Jeff: Do you have a research project to do for the boss?

  杰夫:你要给老板做项目调查吗?

  Joan: No - I just want to keep up-to-date with the latest information.

  琼:不,我只想了解最新的信息。

  Jeff: Wow - you really are a dedicated employee.

  杰夫:喔,你真是一个尽职的员工。

  Joan: Our company library is so easy to use, so it’s not hard to stay informed.

  琼:我们公司的图书馆使用起来很方便,所以想了解信息并不难。

  Jeff: Next time you are going to the library, maybe you could take me there with you?

  杰夫:下次你去图书馆的时候也许能带我一起去。

  Joan: Sure. I’d love to help you live and learn a little better.

  琼:没问题。我很愿意帮助你生活得更好一点儿,多学一点儿知识。

【商务英语活学活用:做个好经理】相关文章:

怎样做个好员工心得12-15

教你怎样做个好员工03-03

怎样做个好员工心得范文01-30

怎样做个好员工的感谢03-03

怎样做个好员工心得体会(精选5篇)01-13

考研英语长难句活学活用案例04-18

怎样做个透明阳光的员工03-02

怎么样做个出色的女主管?03-07

《做个快乐的读书人》阅读答案02-09

做个懂如何对待男下属的女上司04-10