我要投稿 投诉建议

商务英语活学活用 如何做好演讲

时间:2018-04-18 16:11:46 商务英语 我要投稿

商务英语活学活用 如何做好演讲

  商务英语活学活用 如何做好演讲

商务英语活学活用 如何做好演讲

  Ⅰ.核心学习:How To Make a Speech 怎样做好演讲

  Steve: Where are you lugging all of those books, Mike?

  史蒂夫:迈克,你要把那些书都弄到哪去?

  Mike : Back to my cubicle. I’m doing some research for a speech that I have to give.

  迈克:拿到我的办公隔间去。我正在为一个演讲准备资料。

  Steve: Better you than me, good buddy. I hate making speeches.

  史蒂夫:幸亏是你不是我,朋友。我讨厌发表演讲。

  Mike : Same here. The boss has asked me to do it and I can’t find a way to refuse!

  迈克:我也一样。老板要我做,我没办法拒绝。

  Steve: So what’s the topic?

  史蒂夫:演讲的主题是什么?

  Mike : Don’t laugh, but the topic is "How to Give a Speech".

  迈克:不要笑,主题就是“怎样做演讲”。

  Steve: You’re in luck today pal, I know all about making speeches.

  史蒂夫:你今天很走运朋友,我对做演讲了如指掌。

  Mike : You could be my lifesaver and help me then.

  迈克:你真是我的救命草,那么快帮帮我。

  Steve: Sure. Just tune your ears this way and take notes.

  史蒂夫:没问题。你只要把耳朵转过来,做一下笔记就行了。

  Ⅱ.单词简析

  1) Lugging: carrying something heavy

  拖,携带重物

  ex:When I go to the airport, I always ask the taxi driver if he will help lugging all of my bags.

  我去机场的时候总是问司机是否能帮我拿所有的行李。

  2) Cubicle: office desks with small walls around them

  四周有隔板的办公桌

  ex:I like to decorate my cubicle with pictures of my family and friends.

  我喜欢用家人和朋友的照片装饰我的办公隔间。

  3) Speech: a formal talk in front of others

  演讲、在众人面前的正式讲话

  ex:Most people get very nervous before they make a speech.

  多数人在发表演讲前都很紧张。

  4) Lifesaver: a person who works at the beach to rescue drowning people

  救生员、在海滩工作营救溺水者的人员

  ex:David wanted to be a lifesaver but he couldn’t swim!

  戴维想当救生员,可他不会游泳!

  5) Improvise: make something up as you go along

  即兴做某事

  ex:Jazz musicians always improvise when they play - they never follow the written music.

  爵士乐手常在演奏时即兴发挥,他们从不按写好的乐谱演奏。

  Ⅲ.课文篇

  At some time in your career you will probably have to make a speech if front of your colleagues or strangers. Keep in mind that most people feel nervous when they have to give a speech.

  在你的事业生涯中,有时你可能不得不在同事或生人面前发表演讲。要记住多数人在发表演讲时都会感到紧张。

  A good way to reduce your nervousness is to do plenty of research before the speech and to write down some of the main ideas that you will talk about.

  减轻紧张的一个好的方法就是在发表演讲前做大量的调研工作,并把你要讲的中心写下来。

  If you write the speech out word-for-word and then just read it, you will sound very boring. A better way is to write the main ideas and some of the key words and phrases and then improvise.

  如果你把讲演稿逐字逐句地写下来,然后照本宣科,你的演讲听起来会很无聊。好的方法是把主要观点和一些要点词和短语写下来,然后即兴发挥。

  You can make your speech more interesting using visual aids like overhead slides and Powerpoint. They will help you remember what you should say and reinforce your words so that people remember your points more clearly.

  你可以用幻灯片和Powerpoint等视觉效果来使演讲更有趣。它们可以帮助你记起应该说什么,让你的话更有说服力,这样人们就会更清楚地记住你的观点。

  If you get really nervous before giving a speech, try to imagine everyone in the room wearing no clothes. Although it sounds funny, you will find that it really does work!

  如果你在发表演讲前确实感到紧张,试着想象一下屋子里的每个人都没穿衣服。尽管听起来有些可笑,你会发现这个方法确实很有效。

  Ⅳ.对话篇

  Beth : How did your speech to the Board of Directors go?

  贝丝:你在董事会发表的演讲怎么样?

  Sally: I think it went really well. They listened carefully and asked some good questions after I finished.

  莎莉:我觉得还不错。他们听得很认真,我讲完后他们还提出了一些很好的问题。

  Beth : I bet you were nervous before you started though?

  贝丝:我敢说你在开始前一定很紧张?

  Sally: I was very nervous at the beginning but then I remembered to imagine them all sitting there without clothes and I wasn’t so nervous after that.

  莎莉:刚开始我很紧张,然后我记起来想像他们坐在那里没穿衣服,后来我就不紧张了。

  Beth : It’s a good technique to use, isn’t it? I have used it many times when I have been nervous.

  贝丝:这是个很好的小窍门,是不是?我紧张的时候用过很多次了。

  Sally: I also made some interesting slides with all of my main points.

  莎莉:对于所有的主要观点我还做了一些有趣的幻灯片。

  Beth: Good thinking - I am sure that the Directors were very impressed with your speech.

  贝丝:想法很好,我肯定董事们对你的演讲一定印象很深刻。

  Sally: I hope so. I really put a lot of work into it.

  莎莉:希望如此。我确实在上面下了很多功夫。

  Beth: Just like the work that we put into our English study!

  贝丝:就像我们在英语学习上下功夫一样。

  商务英语活学活用 Teamwork 团队合作(1)

  Ⅰ.核心学习:Teamwork 团队合作

  Steve: Mike! You are just the person I wanted to see.

  史蒂夫:迈克!我正想找你。

  Mike : What’s up, Steve?

  迈克:怎么了史蒂夫?

  Steve: I was hoping that you could lend me a hand for a while.

  史蒂夫:我想让你帮我点儿忙。(lend me a hand字面意思为:借我一只手)

  Mike : A hand? Why do you want my hand?

  迈克:手?你为什么要我的手?

  Steve: I don’t want your hand! I want you to help me.

  史蒂夫:我不是想要你的手!我想要你帮忙。

  Mike : Sure thing. You know that I am always happy to help with teamwork.

  迈克:没问题。你知道我总是很愿意跟大家合作。

  Steve: I know Mike and that’s why I asked you. Can we get brainstorm in one of the spare offices?

  史蒂夫:我知道迈克,所以才请你帮忙。我们能不能在哪间空办公室里讨论一下。

  Mike : Walk this way and we can begin.

  迈克:往这边走,我们现在就可以开始。

  Ⅱ.单词简析

  1) Lend me a hand: help me to do something

  帮我个忙

  ex:I always lend my mother a hand when she is cooking for the family.

  妈妈为全家做饭的时候我总是帮上一把。

  2) Teamwork: two or more people co-operating to get something done

  两个或更多的人合作完成某项工作

  ex:Good teamwork means that you can get more done during work time.

  良好的团队精神意味着高度的工作效率。

  3) Brainstorm: two or more people discussing different ideas

  两个或更多的人讨论不同的观点

  ex:If we brainstorm about a problem, we can get many different new ideas and find a solution.

  如果我们对一个问题进行讨论就会得到很多不同的新观点从而找到一个解决方案。

  4) Skill: the thing that you do best

  技能、特长

  ex:Michael Jordan’s skill is definitely basketball and not baseball!

  迈克尔·乔丹擅长的当然是篮球而不是棒球!

  Ⅲ.课文篇

  Teamwork is a very important skill to have and be able to use in a modern working environment. Effective teamwork will make any company more efficient and profitable.

  在现代的工作环境中具有团队工作精神是非常重要的。有效的团队工作可以提高工作效率使公司获得更多利润。

  Each person has his or her own special skills. When you are selecting a team, it’s best to get people with different skills so that you can get as many different views as possible to find the best solution.

  每个人都有自己的特长。最好将不同才能的人选在一个团队里,这样就可以尽可能多地得到不同的意见从而找到一个最佳的解决方案。

  When you are working on a team project, you should not be afraid or embarrassed to offer your opinion of ideas. The group will benefit from your ideas even if it doesn’t use them directly.

  大家合作一个项目时,不要羞于提出自己的观点。尽管你的观点可能不被采用,整个团队也能从中受益。

  Teamwork does not mean that one person does all the work themselves and then the group takes the credit. Everyone in the team should do an equal share of the work.

  团队工作不是指一个人承担所有的工作而由大家来居功。团队中的每名成员应该共同分担一项工作。

  Ⅳ.对话篇

  Beth : Do you prefer teamwork or working individually?

  贝斯:你喜欢团队工作还是单独工作?

  Sally: Actually I prefer working on my own, but I understand the benefits of teamwork.

  莎莉:说实话我喜欢单独工作,可我知道团队工作的好处。

  Beth : Why don't you like teamwork Sally?

  贝斯:你为什么不喜欢团队工作,莎莉?

  Sally: Sometimes people are lazy when they work in teams and do nothing!

  莎莉:有的时候一起工作让人变得很懒,什么都不干。

  Beth : That's not a good team then. Everyone should do equal work and take equal credit.

  贝斯:那可不是好的团队。每个人都应该付出辛苦然后共同分享成果。

  Sally: What are the main benefits of teamwork?

  莎莉:团队工作最大的好处是什么?

  Beth: If you work as a team, you can hear ideas and solutions that you would never have thought about by yourself.

  贝斯:大家合作的时候你会听到一些你自己从不会想到的观点和方案。

  Sally : So teamwork has some major benefits then?

  莎莉:这么说团队工作还是有一些益处的。

  Beth: Right! Just like when we study English as a team!

  贝斯:说得对!就像我们一起学英语一样!

  商务英语活学活用 New Technology(1)

  Ⅰ.核心学习:New Technology 新技术

  Steve: Sorry Mike, I have to run.

  史蒂夫:对不起迈克,我得赶快走。

  Mike : Why all the hustle Steve?

  迈克:为什么这么急史蒂夫?

  Steve: I just got an urgent email that I have to deal with ASAP.

  史蒂夫:我刚收到一个紧急的电子邮件,我得尽快去处理。

  Mike : Hang on one moment! I don’t see your computer. How can you get email?

  迈克:等一会儿!我没看见你的电脑。你怎么能收到电子邮件?

  Steve: I can check my email using my mobile phone?

  史蒂夫:我可以用我的手机查看电子邮件。

  Mike : Don’t make me laugh! It’s impossible to check you email using a mobile phone.

  迈克:别逗我笑了!用手机查电子邮件根本是不可能的。

  Steve: I see that you don’t keep up with the latest gadgets my friend. I can check my email and surf the Internet using my mobile phone!

  史蒂夫:我看你对最新的技术根本不了解朋友。我可以用手机查电子邮件还能上网。

  Mike : Teach me how to please.

  迈克:教教我吧。

  Steve: OK, but lunch is on you!

  史蒂夫:好吧,午餐你请!

  Ⅱ.单词简析

  1) Hustle: hurry, move quickly急忙、赶紧

  ex:My boss says I need to hustle when he gives me a deadline.

  老板说他给我最后期限的时候我得赶快行动。

  2) Urgent: something important or that has to be done quickly很重要或必须很快完成的事情

  ex:My girlfriend always tells me that fashion shopping is the most urgent thing in life.

  我的女友总是对我说生命中重要的事是购买时装。

  3) ASAP: short form of "As Soon As Possible"

  尽快

  ex:If I have to do something ASAP, I really have to hustle to get it finished.

  如果我必须尽快去做某事,意味着必须尽快把它完成。

  4) WAP: short for Wireless Application Protocol

  无线应用协议的缩写

  ex:With WAP on your mobile phone, you can surf the Internet and check your email.

  在手机上安装WAP你就能上网和查邮件。

  5) Gadgets: new technology devices, high-tech toys

  新的技术设备、高科技玩具

  ex:My father loves new gadgets and spends hours in the stores checking them out.

  我爸爸喜欢新兴的电子玩意儿,常花上几个小时在商店里研究它们。

  Ⅲ.课文篇

  Technology always changes to bring us things to make life faster and easier. WAP is new technology for your mobile phone. With a WAP phone you can check your email and visit your favorite Internet sites using your mobile phone. If you use WAP for your email or surfing the Internet, the call charges are usually higher than a normal phone call. Email can be hard to read on your mobile phone because the screen is so small and your favorite websites will not have any pictures - just the words.

  技术的不断更新带来很多新事物让我们的生活节奏变得更快更方便。WAP是为手机设计的新技术。手机上装了WAP就可以查电子邮件和访问你最喜欢的网站。如果你用WAP接发电子邮件和上网,你的手机费用通常要比普通的手机费要高。在手机上读电子邮件很困难因为屏幕太小,而且你也看不到你喜欢的网站的画面,只能读到文字。

  Ⅳ.对话篇

  Beth : I love technology and all of the advances that it brings.

  贝斯:我喜欢新技术以及它带给我们的所有进步。

  Sally: Me too. I can get more done in less time these days with all of the new gadgets.

  莎莉:我也是,在所有的新技术帮助下现在我花很少的时间可以做更多的事。

  Beth : It’s so cool that we can even check our email on our mobile phones these days!

  贝斯:我们现在甚至可以在手机上查看电子邮件,这真是太酷了!

  Sally: Yeah, but it has one problem - my boss can always contact me!

  莎莉:没错,不过有个问题,我的老板总是能跟我联系上。

  Beth : Yeah I know - sometimes my boss will send me an urgent email late at night.

  贝斯:我知道,有的时候我的老板会夜间很晚给我发电子邮件。

  Sally: Does he expect you to do everything ASAP?

  莎莉:他要你把所有的事都尽快完成吗?

  Sally: Yep - you guessed it.

  贝斯:没错,被你说中了。

  Beth : There is a very simple way to fix this problem Sally.

  莎莉:对付这个问题有个很简单的方法,莎莉。

  Sally: Just turn the phone off, right?

  贝斯:把手机关掉,对吗?

  Beth : Correct!

  莎莉:正确!

  机械英汉双语词汇学习 292

  strain capacity 应变量

  strain gauge 应变仪

  strainer 隔滤器

  strand 预应力钢缆;钢绞线

  strand cutting 切割预应力钢缆

  stranded galvanized steel 镀锌钢绞线

  Strategic Change Plan [Land Registry] 策略计划〔土地注册处〕

  strategic growth area 策略性增长地区;策略性发展区

  strategic landfill 重点堆填区

  Strategic Sewage Disposal Scheme 策略性污水排放计划

  stratification 分层现象;成层作用

  stratigraphic 地层的

  stratum 地层

  stream channel 河道;河槽

  stream course 河道

  stream course clearance 河道清理工作

  stream function theory 流函数理

  street 街道

  street frontage [building] 临街面〔建筑物〕

  street furniture 街道装置;街道设施

  street lighting 街道照明

  street name-plate 街道名牌

  street shop 地铺

  street sleeper 露宿者

  street widening 街道扩阔

  streetscape 街景

  strength deficiency [concrete] 强度不足〔混凝土〕

  strength of concrete 混凝土强度

  strength reserve [concrete] 备用强度〔混凝土〕

  strength test [concrete] 强度测试〔混凝土〕

  strengthening works 巩固工程;加固工程

  stress 应力;压力

  stress analysis 应力分析

  stress and strain response 应力及应变反应

  stress crack 应力裂缝

  stress path 应力轨 ;应力路径

  stress state 应力状态

  stretcher bond 错缝接合;顺砖式砌合

  strike direction 走向

  strike-slip fault 走滑断层;平移断层

  stringer 纵梁

  strip 带状地带;狭条

  strip footing 条形基脚

  strip foundation 条形基础;条形地基

  strip load 条形荷载

  stripping [formwork] 脱模;拆模

  struck joint 外斜缝

  structural adequacy assessment 结构足够性评估

  structural alteration 结构上的改动

  structural analysis 结构分析

  structural appraisal 结构评估;结构检定

  Structural Appraisal Methodology 结构评估法

  structural behaviour 结构性能

  structural column 结构柱

  structural condition survey 结构状况勘测

  structural conditions monitoring system 楼宇结构监察系统

  structural configuration 结构性配置

  structural design 结构设计

  structural disturbance 结构扰动

  structural element 结构构件;结构元件

  Structural Engineer 结构工程师

  商务英语活学活用 Sales Department(1)

  Ⅰ.核心学习:Sales Department 销售部

  Steve: Nice suit Mike - you look very sharp today.

  史蒂夫:西服不错呀!迈克,你今天看起来穿的.很好。

  Mike: Thanks for the compliment. I have an interview for an internal promotion today.

  迈克:多谢夸奖。今天我有个关于内部升职方面的面视。

  Steve: Which department will interview you - Human Resources?

  史蒂夫:哪个部门要面视你呀?人力资源部?

  Mike: No, I already passed the HR interview. Today is with the head of the sales department.

  迈克:不是。我已经通过人力资源部的面试了。今天是和销售部的头儿们谈。

  Steve: So you want to work in sales?

  史蒂夫:那是说你想做销售了?

  Mike:. I think I would be good in sales. I know our products well and I have a silver tongue.

  迈克:我认为我擅长做销售。因为我对我们的产品很了解,而且我有三寸不烂之舌。

  Steve: You think you could sell ice to the Eskimos hey?

  史蒂夫:你觉得你能把冰块卖给爱斯基摩人么?

  Mike: Maybe I am not that good, but I can tell you all about the main functions of a sales department if you like.

  迈克:可能我没有那么好。但如果你愿意的话,我可以告诉你销售部门的各种职能。

  Steve: Sure, why not.

  史蒂夫:好啊,干嘛不呢?

  Ⅱ.单词简析

  1) Sharp: well dressed

  穿着得体

  ex:If I wore the ties that my mom chooses, I would not be so sharp!

  如果带我妈挑的那条领带,我看起来就不会那么穿着得体了。

  2) Internal: inside, within

  内部的

  ex:Many company like to promote their internal staff rather than look outside for new managers.

  很多公司都喜欢提升公司内部的员工而不是到外面去找新主管。

  3) Silver tongue: someone who is good with words and can convince people easily

  三寸不烂之舌:很会说话,能够说服别人的人,能言善辩的人

  ex:I never trust people with silver tongues - you never know what is a lie and what is the truth!

  我从来不相信很能言善辩的人。因为你不会知道什么是真话什么是假话。

  Ⅲ.课文篇

  Some managers say that the sales department is the most important. Without the sales department there would not be any sales. Without sales, the company would not have any income and could not pay its expenses.

  有些经理说销售部门是最重要的。没有销售部门的话公司就卖不出任何东西,而如果卖不出东西公司就没有收入从而无法应付支出。

  The sales department often has the most staff of all of the departments in a company. Sales staff sometimes sit at a desk and make calls to customers and potential customers while others go out of the office to visit existing customers or find new ones.

  销售部门通常是公司所有部门中员工人数最多的。销售人员有时会坐在办公桌前给顾客和潜在的顾客打电话。而有些人会到外面去拜访现有的顾客或去寻找一些新客户。

  Sales staff usually work on a commission basis. This means that they get a salary (sometimes called a retainer) and then get a small percentage of the sales that they make. This gives sales staff plenty of motivation to make as many sales as possible.

  销售人员的工作通常都是提成制的。也就是说他们在领到薪水(又称底薪)的同时还可以得到销售业绩中的一小部分提成。这能给员工以动力让他们尽量多地提高销售业绩。

  Sales staff must know the product or service that they are selling very well. They need to know all of the features and benefits of the product or service so that they can talk about it with customers and answer the customer's questions fully.

  销售人员必须非常了解他们所推销的产品或服务。他们需要知道产品或服务的特点和益处以便和客户交谈及全面地回答客户提出的问题。

  Some people think that it is OK for sales staff to tell lies to make a sale. Most professional sales staff know that it's not good to lie, because once the customer finds out, they won't stay a customer for long!

  有些人认为销售人员为了卖出东西而说谎是可以接受的。但绝大多数的职业销售人员都明白说谎并不好。因为一旦客户发现的话,他们就不会继续使用你的产品了。

  Ⅳ.对话篇

  Beth: I have always wanted to work in our sales department.

  贝丝:我总想到我们的销售部门去工作。

  Sally: Have you ever mentioned this to the sales manager?

  莎丽:这你有没有跟销售经理提过?

  Beth: No. I have never had enough courage to speak with him.

  贝丝:没。我从没有足够的勇气去跟他说。

  Sally: Sales staff must be able to talk to anyone without getting nervous. Why do you think you would be good in sales?

  莎丽:销售人员必须有能力同任何人交谈而不感到紧张。你为什么认为你能干好销售呢?

  Beth: Because I know our company products really well and I think I could sell them.

  贝丝:因为我对我们公司的产品确实非常了解,而且我认为我可以把他们销售出去。

  Sally: But do you have a silver tongue?

  莎丽:但你有三寸不烂之舌么?

  Beth: Not really, but I think I could learn.

  贝丝:还没有。但我想我可以学。

  Sally: I don't like the idea of getting paid commission. I like to know how much I will earn each month.

  莎丽:我不喜欢按提成领薪的主意。我想知道我一个月能挣多少钱。

  Beth: Maybe you are right and I should just stick with Human Resources.

  贝丝:也许你是对的。我应该继续留在人力资源部里。

  Sally: At least if you stay in this department we can still study English together!

  莎丽:如果你留在这儿的话至少我们还可以一起学英语。

  商务英语活学活用 赢利和亏损(1)

  Ⅰ.核心学习:Profit & Loss 赢利和亏损

  Steve: Good morning Mike. How was your weekend?

  史蒂夫:早上好,迈克。周末过的如何?

  Mike: I had a relaxing weekend. How about you?

  迈克:很放松,你呢?

  Steve: I studied all weekend for a business exam. What do you think the most vital thing for any company is?

  史蒂夫:我用整个周末来学习,以应付商业考试。你认为对一个公司来说什么是最重要的事情?

  Mike: That’s easy - a good coffee machine and mufti Fridays.

  迈克:太容易了——是好的咖啡机和星期五便装日!

  Steve: I cannot believe how wrong you are there my friend. The most important thing is profit. Without profit, the company will eventually close.

  史蒂夫:我真不敢相信,你简直大错特错了。最重要的事应该是公司的利润。没有利润,公司迟早要关门的。

  Mike: I knew that - I just said the mufti Friday and coffee machine for a hoot.

  迈克:这我知道。我刚才说咖啡机和便装日只是说着玩儿的。

  Steve: Business is serious Mike, not to be fooled with.

  史蒂夫:商业上的事是认真的,迈克,可儿戏不得。

  Mike: Wow - you make it sound like a matter of life and death.

  迈克:哇塞—你怎么说的跟生死攸关似的?

  Steve: No Mike - it’s much more important than that!

  史蒂夫:不,迈克,它比生死攸关还重要呢!

  Ⅱ.单词简析

  1) Vital: very important

  非常重要

  ex:A cup of strong coffee is vital for me in the morning.

  早晨喝一杯浓咖啡对我非常重要。

  2)Mufti: a day in the office when you can wear casual clothes

  便装日,可在办公室穿便装的那一天

  ex:The night before a mufti day I choose what clothes I will wear so that I am not late in the morning.

  在便装日前一天的晚上我会选择明天该穿什么,这样早上就不会迟到了。

  3)Hoot: laugh, something funny

  好笑,滑稽的事。

  ex:I saw a comedian at a club last night - she was a real hoot!

  昨晚我在一家俱乐部看到一个喜剧演员,她非常滑稽。

  4)Accountant: a person who keeps records of all company income and expenses

  会计:记录公司收入和支出情况的人

  ex:Accountants have a reputation for being dull and serious.

  会计被人认为是木讷和认真的。

  5)Auditor: a person who carefully checks what accountants have done

  审计员:认真审核会计工作的人

  ex:Accountants and auditors cannot be friends - they have to be fully independent.

  会计和审计员不能是朋友。他们必须完全独立。

  Ⅲ.课文篇

  Accountants and auditors look at many different types of numbers to record the success or failure of a company but the two most important things are whether the company makes a profit or loss.

  会计和审计员要看很多不同种类的数字以记录公司的成败,但其中最重要的两项就是公司是在赢利还是在亏损。

  There are two main types of profit: Gross profit and net profit.

  赢利又分主要两种:总利润和纯利润。

  Gross profit is a simple calculation of income minus the cost of the goods of services sold.

  总利润的计算很简单,是指用总收入减去售出商品及服务的成本。

  Net profit is income (also called revenue) less all of the company expenses. Net profit is the most important figure for working out if a company is healthy or not.

  纯利润是用收入(也叫收益)减去所有公司支出。纯利润是衡量公司健康运做与否的一个最重要的数据。

  The opposite of a profit is a loss. If a company spends more than it makes, you can say that it has made a loss.

  与利润相对的是亏损。如果公司花的比挣得多,你可以说它亏损。

  Before investing in a company or buying share in a company listed on a stock exchange, it is vital that you find out about the company’s operations. Take care to look at the gross and net profit figures for at least the last three years. A net profit margin of at least 10 percent is considered good.

  在对一个公司进行投资或购买某个上市公司的股票之前,了解清楚这个公司的运作情况是非常重要的。要留心至少最近10年此公司总利润和纯利润的情况。纯利润率值至少在10%,才被认为是好的。

  Ⅳ.对话篇

  Beth: Sally, do you have some batteries that I can borrow?

  贝丝:萨利,我想借块电池,你那儿有么?

  Sally: Sure, why do you need them?

  萨利:没问题,你为什么要电池呀?

  Beth: I need my calculator to work out the profit from last month.

  贝丝:我要用计算器算从上月起的公司利润。

  Sally: It is very important that you don’t make mistakes when you are calculating those numbers so, take my calculator.

  萨利:你在算这些数的时候,千万别出错误,这非常重要,就用我的吧。

  Beth: Thanks Sally. The senior managers need the results from last month straight away, so I can’t stop to talk.

  贝丝:谢了,萨利,高级主管马上就要上个月的结果,所以我不能跟你说话了。

  Sally: See you later Beth.

  萨利:一会儿见,贝丝。

  Beth: I will bring your calculator back as soon as I have finished with it.

  贝丝:我一算完就把计算器还你。

  Sally: No problem, just make sure the profits are right!

  萨利:没问题。只要保证利润核算正确就好。

  Beth: Don’t worry so much - worrying is my job!

  贝丝:别太担心了,担心的应该是我。

【商务英语活学活用 如何做好演讲】相关文章:

1.关于商务英语活学活用

2.商务英语活学活用 外企面试

3.BEC商务英语面试活学活用

4.BEC商务英语活学活用参考

5.商务英语活学活用四篇

6.商务英语活学活用的总结

7.商务英语活学活用参考内容

8.商务英语活学活用:做个好经理