我要投稿 投诉建议

商务英语名片口语

时间:2022-11-12 21:59:57 晓怡 商务英语 我要投稿
  • 相关推荐

商务英语名片实用口语

  口语是指口头言语;泛指言论或议论。下面是小编精心整理的商务英语名片实用口语,供大家参考借鉴,希望可以帮助到有需要的朋友。

商务英语名片实用口语

  business english - business cards

  商业英语-名片

  michael: what are you doing, billy? your desk looks like a disaster zone.

  billy: i have a spare half-an-hour, so i thought i would organize my business cards.

  michael: i have never really understood what the point of name cards is.

  billy: business cards have a long history and many, many uses.

  michael: they might be good for you, but i am a hermit and never meet new people.

  billy: if you worked in sales and marketing like me, you would find that names cards are indispensable.

  michael: maybe. but i don't think i need a small piece of paper to help people remember who i am.

  billy: that's probably true. i think that most people would try, but not be able to forget you!

  迈克尔:你在做什么,比利?你的桌子看起来像个灾区。

  比利:我有半个小时的空闲时间,所以我想我要整理我的名片。

  迈克尔:我从来都搞不太懂名片是干什么用的。

  比利:名片的历史很长,而且用途很多很多。

  迈克尔:它们对你来说可能是有用,不过我是个隐士,从不见新的人。

  比利:如果你像我这样做营销工作,你就会发现名片是必不可少的东西。

  迈克尔:也许吧。不过我不认为我需要一张小纸片来帮助人们记住我是谁。

  比利:那大概是真的。我想大多数人设法,但却没法忘掉你!

  new words 新单词

  1) disaster zone: a place that has been hit by a bomb or other very large accident

  灾区:被炸弹击中或者发生其他大型意外事件的地方

  my mother said that my bedroom looked like a disaster zone, so my dad made me clean it up.

  我妈妈说我的卧室看起来像是个灾区,所以爸爸让我把它收拾干净。

  2) hermit: a person who lives alone and never talks with people

  隐士:独自生活、从不和别人说话的人

  some days i dream of being a hermit and leaving all of the hassles of modern life behind me.

  有时候我梦想做个隐士,把现代生活的所有这些烦杂事务抛在身后。

  3) concocted: made or invented

  调制,调和,编造:做或者发明

  i concocted a new alcoholic drink at the party last night, but i drank too many of them and now my head hurts.

  昨晚我在派对上调了一种新酒,不过我喝得太多了,现在我头疼。

  4) aristocrat: a member of the upper class of society

  贵族:上层社会的成员

  the idea of social classes really makes me sick - i don't understand why aristocrats treat poor people so badly.

  我真的很反感把社会分成三六九等-我不明白为什么贵族对待穷人那么坏。

  lesson 课文

  the french claim that visiting cards first appeared in their land in the seventeenth century while the chinese seek to prove that visiting cards were invented by their ancestors shortly after they had concocted explosive powder. however, the first ever known sample of a visiting card, dating back

  to 1786, was found in germany. gradually, with the development of certain rules of use, the cards had become common by the nineteenth century.

  法国人认为拜访卡于十七世纪在他们的土地上率先出现,而中国人则设法证明拜访卡是在他们的祖先发明了火药后不久发明的。不管怎样,人们所知道的第一个拜访卡样本-追溯到1786年-出现于德国。慢慢地,随着某些使用规则的出现,到十九世纪时名片变得普遍起来。

  do you know which corner of a visiting card you must fold when leaving it with a footman in order to indicate that you have called on to inquire after the master's health? no? neither do i, but only a hundred years ago this knowledge was as vital for an aristocrat as dancing and polite conversation.

  你知不知道当你把拜访卡留与仆人时,为了暗示你来拜访过主人给他请安,你必须折叠拜访卡的哪一角?不知道?我也不知道,不过就在一百年以前这点学问对于贵族来说有如跳舞和有教养的交谈那样至关重要。

  visiting cards used to be an indispensable attribute of the etiquette and the rules of their use were as sophisticated as those of cutlery. at that time visiting cards belonged to the notions of such consequence like title, rank, land, horses etc.

  过去拜访卡是礼节一个不可缺少的组成部分,而且它们的使用规则像餐具的使用规则那样复杂。在那个时候,拜访卡有如头衔、等级、土地、马匹等一样重要。

  first businessmen used their cards as marks of distinction and thus introduced the first modifications in their design. later, as the growing demand for the cards boosted the development of the printing industry, more and more sophisticated card design patterns appeared.

  最早的商人将他们的卡片作为区别于他人的一个标志,因此在他们的设计中首先出现了修改。后来,随著名片需求的增加,推进了印刷工业的发展,出现了越来越多复杂的卡片设计图案。

  on the other hand, there appeared an ever-growing social group of private entrepreneurs who had a constant need to exchange their contact information. these pragmatic people started to print out their own cheaper business cards to give them at presentations, exhibitions, conferences etc.

  另一方面,私人企业家的社会团体也在日益增长。这些人需要经常交换他们的联系信息。这些注重实效的人开始印出自己便宜的名片,在见面、展览以及开会等场合送出。

  in the modern business card design, with its developed professional conventions, one can still detect the two conflicting approaches, the fanciful and the functional one. the purpose of the first approach is to show that there is nothing impossible for the card's owner. the more striking by its design and materials and the more sophisticated in its manufacturing technology, the card will be the better. what matters is the card's uniqueness. the content of the card does not matter much either.

  在现代名片设计中,随着其职业协定的发展,人们仍然可以察觉到互相矛盾的两个方面:装饰性与功能性。第一个方面的目的是为了炫耀对于名片主人来说没有什么是不可能的。设计与材料越精美,生产技术越复杂,名片就越好。重要的是名片的独特性。名片的内容也不太重要。

  the other approach, on the contrary, emphasizes functionality. it is the one that rules in the pragmatic west. and the english name of the item - "business card"- also focuses on its specific functionality. these cards are

  essential for those company workers that interact with clients. that is why, on the one hand, you can see a small clerk, a service engineer or even a heaver with his own business card and a head of the department without such

  if he or she does not interact with clients.

  另一个方面恰恰相反,强调功能性。注重实效的西方崇尚这一点。此外,名片的英文名-"business card"-也强调了它具体的功能性。这些名片对那些与客户有联系、在公司里工作的职员来说很关键。这就是为什么,一方面,你会看到一个小小的职员、一个维修工程师乃至一个搬运工都有他自己的名片,而另一方面,部门头头如果他/她不和客户打交道的话却没有名片。

  business cards used to be made exclusively of stiff paper (card), but today come in materials from plastics to thin metals and even glass! a name or business card reflects the owner - it should represent visually the company or the person passing it. take the time to have a closer look at your own cards and decide if they really suit you and your company.

  以前名片无一例外都是用硬纸来做成的(卡片),不过现在用来制作的材料很多,从塑料到薄金属片甚至玻璃!名片反映着主人的风格-在视觉上它应该代表着公司或给名片的人。仔细看你自己的名片,看看它是否真的适合你或者你的公司。

  dialogue - 对话

  jeff: can i have one of your business cards please, joan?

  joan: i thought that i already gave you one?

  jeff: you did, but someone stole my card organizer recently.

  joan: so you have lost all of your contacts?

  jeff: no, i was lucky. i always make a copy of the name cards that i receive.

  joan: that is a good idea. i lost some name cards last year and now i can't call some of my clients.

  jeff: so will you give me a new name card?

  joan: sure, but try not to lose this one!

  杰夫:给我一张你的名片好吗,琼?

  琼:我觉得我已经给了你一张?

  杰夫:你给了,不过最近有人偷了我的名片夹。

  琼:这么说你丢掉了所有的联系方式?

  杰夫:没有,我很幸运。我总是把我收到的名片做一个备份。

  琼:好主意。去年我丢了一些名片,所以现在我没法给我的一些客户打电话。

  杰夫:那你会给我一张新名片吗?

  琼:当然,不过不要把这张弄丢了!

  拓展:国际商务英语口语

  约翰刚打电话来请病假。

  John just called in sick.

  这真是少有的事儿。在我的记忆中,他从来没有请过病假。

  It rarely happens.

  是啊,他只请过一次3天的事假,还是因为他妻子生

  In my memory he has never asked for sick leave,

  In my memory he has never asked for medical leave.

  要是我们公司有弹性工作制就好了。

  He only asked for three day personal leave for his personal leave

  要是能选择工作地点不就更好了。

  If only our company prescribed flex-time!

  那我就可以远程办公了。

  Would it be even better if alternative workplace is provided?

  My entire job could be done by telecommuting.

  小道消息说,约翰可能要成为我们部门的经理。

  I heard through the grapevine that John will probably become our office manager.

  他是个讨厌到极点的人。

  He is a pain in the neck .

  为什么?

  Why?

  他是个马屁精。

  He is a brown-nosier.

  他很会拍马屁往上爬。

  He is good at kissing up to get ahead.

  他擅长拍老板的马屁。

  He is good at sucking up to the boss.

  我倒认为他挺胜任的。

  But I suppose he’s well qualified.

  我倒认为他很有才华。

  But I suppose he’s adequate.

  But I suppose he’s competent. But I suppose he has lots of talents.

  你是从哪儿听到这个谣言的?

  How did you get wind of the rumor?

  我可不是一个传谣者

  I am not a rumor-monger.

  好了,别聊了,继续工作吧。

  Lets stop gossiping and get back to work.

  你穿这身西装看起来很职业。

  You look very professional in this suit.

  公司规定穿西装打领带。

  The company regulates that men should wear a suit and tie.

  你习惯吗?

  Do you get used to it?

  公司的规定可不能讨价还价啊

  Company policy is not negotiable.

  Company policy should be adhered to.

  可以理解。这事关公司形象。

  I appreciate it. It is related to company image.

  你上班怎样着装?

  How do you dress for work?

  我们公司允许着休闲装。

  Casual attire is acceptable in our company.

  Casual Fridays is allowed in our company.

  那你为什么还穿这套长裤西服装?

  Why are you in this pant suit ?

  我今晚要出席商务晚宴。

  I'll attend our business dinner .

  你知道员工离职最常见的原因是什么吗?

  Do you know what the most common reason people leave a company is?

  想挣更多钱?

  More money?

  不,是人性。

  No personalities.

  你是说因为他们不喜欢自己的老板?

  Do you mean they don’t like their boss?

  是的。金钱排在很后面。

  Precisely! Money is way down the list.

  我们公司很尊重员工。

  Our company values the employees.

  Our company treats employees with respect.

  我们公司对待员工如同对待客户。

  Our company treats employees the way it treats clients.

  我们公司注重人性化管理。

  Our company attaches importance to humanized management

  所以得到了回报。

  So it pays off.

  我们公司的离职率很低。

  Our company's turnover rate is low.

  我们对公司非常忠诚。

  We stick with our company.

  We remain loyal to our company.

  你们公司的企业文化是什么?

  What’s your corporate culture?

  我们公司鼓励员工勇于冒险。

  Our company encourages risk taking.

  嗯。不入虎穴,焉得虎子。

  En, nothing ventured nothing gained.

  我们不要为小事所累,应该专注于大事。

  We shouldn’t be concerned with the small stuff.

  We shouldn’t worry about the small details.

  We shouldn’t sweat the small stuff is important to look at the big picture.

  你认为你们公司注重结果吗?

  Would you say you arc a results-oriented company?

  的确如此。 .

  Definitely.

【商务英语名片口语】相关文章:

商务英语发错货物口语12-15

商务英语机场接待口语08-16

商务英语出行口语11-10

国际商务英语常用口语05-06

商务英语商务签证口语07-21

商务英语口语餐厅对话11-08

商务英语文化差异口语11-07

商务英语电话预定机票口语11-07

接待国外客户商务英语经典口语06-27