1. There are at l_______ eight hundred students in our school.
2. He was late again because of the busy t_______.
3. You could write a thank-you n_______.
4. —How old is the b_______?
—Only two months.
5. Many of the boys are f_______ of Jackie Chan.
1. I’m a fan _______ James, an NBA star.
A. for B. with C. of D. to
2. — _______ do you think of the new English teacher?
—He’s great. He’s friendly to us.
A. What B. How
C. What about D. How about
3. My uncle had a hard time _______ in America.
A. work B. to work
C. working D. worked
4. Do you feel like _______ football with us?
A. play B. playing
C. to play D. will play
5. The Internet _______ it easy to get much new information in a short time.
A. finds B. feels
C. makes D. takes
1. I had great fun at the party. (改为同义句)
I _______ _______ _______ _______ at the party.
2. Thank you for your invitation. (改为同义句)
_______ _______ _______ me.
3. That shirt cost 10 dollars. (对画线部分提问)
_______ _______ _______ that shirt _______?
4. Bob really does well in math. (改为同义句)
Bob _______ really _______ _______ math.
5. The traffic is really busy, _______ _______? (完成反意疑问句)
A. So, why not go swimming?
B. Please tell him I hope he soon feels better.
C. Do you think he eats something bad?
D. what’s wrong with him?
F. isn’t it?
G. doesn’t it?
A: Fine day, 1
B: Sure it is!
B: Oh, my brother hasn’t been very well these days.
A: I’m sorry to hear that; 3
B: I think he must have eaten something bad.
A: Has he seen the doctor?
B: Yes. The doctor told him to stay in bed.
A: 4 I’ll go and see him later.
B: That’s very kind of you. I’ll tell him what you said. 5
1. _________ 2. _________ 3. _________ 4. _________ 5. _________
Many people have to work on the weekend. Some people do not mind. Other people think it is terrible.
One man thinks that working on the weekend can be dangerous. He is Graham Coates. Mr. Coates worked in an office in Brighton, England. On Saturday, May 24, 1986, he went to the office to do some work. When he got in the elevator to go home, it stopped between floors. Mr. Coates could not get out of the elevator. He was trapped(困住了)!He started to shout, but no one heard him. Then Mr. Coates remembered that it was a holiday in England. No one was going to come to work until Tuesday!
There was nothing for Mr. Coates to do. He had to wait until one of his coworkers came to work and found him. With nothing to eat or drink, Mr. Coates ended up sleeping for most of the time.
Early on Tuesday morning, the vice president of the company came to work and found the elevator was not working. When the elevator was opened, Mr. Coates came out, cold, weak and tired. He had been in the elevator for sixty-two hours!
Now Mr. Coates says, “I only use elevators if they have telephones in them.”
1. Mr. Coates could not get out of the elevator because _________.
A. it was broken
B. it was a weekend
C. it was a holiday
D. it stopped on a wrong floor
2. How long did he stay in the elevator?
A. Twenty-four hours.
B. From Saturday to Monday.
C. More than sixty hours.
D. From Tuesday to Saturday.
3. What did he do in the elevator most of the time?
A. Shouted and screamed.
B. Slept and waited.
C. Telephoned his boss.
D. Ate and drank.
4. How did he make his way out in the end?
A. The vice president found him.
B. Someone opened the elevator.
C. The elevator began to work on Tuesday.
D. He found a door in the elevator.
5. What is the best title for this story?
A. An Interesting Elevator
B. A Busy Weekend
C. Elevator Safety
D. Trapped in an Elevator